Chapter 4

I had been running for 20 minutes and I couldn't breathe normally anymore. My heart was racing and my legs were so weak that I felt like they couldn't hold the rest of my body. Yato probably lost me, he was not behind me. Or anywhere near me. Nobody was near me.

After a few minutes I stopped running, because I had reached my destination. In front of me was lying a 50-floor skyscraper with grey walls and windows and in front of it a noisy street full of vehicles. I had decided I would only come here at a certain moment, for a certain reason. And I was determined; this was it.

I started running again and I reached the entrance of the building. When I entered and walked out of breath towards the desk, the woman there looked at me worried, but I didn't let her speak first.

"I want the key to the third office on the 48th floor, my name is Iki Hiyori, I'm his daughter" I finished in one breath. The woman gave me the key hesitantly, but I grabbed it from her hand and ran to the elevator.

While waiting to get to the 48th floor, I tried to catch a breath and started planning everything. But, there wasn't much to plan. 'Nobody will care anyway, will they?! They all want me out of their lives, I'm useless, a burden, a failure.' I tried to hold back my tears as the elevator stopped. I got out of it while walking quickly and went to my father's office. Nobody else was in the building, everybody was on leave as a present for the company's 30 years of business or something.

I unlocked and opened the door, as a smell of alcohol reached me. No wonder. The room was dark and the desk was a complete mess. Chairs flipped over, glasses on the floor. I walked carelessly through them and reached the balcony. I opened the glass door and went outside, as a heavy feeling grew on my chest. There were no railings where I was, just a small space. I looked down. It was so high, and so many cars were passing by.

It was almost eleven at night and I still had a small dilemma in my head: 'Should I let Yato know or not? '

The thought had been swirling in my mind for half an hour, as I was standing near the edge of the balcony. I finally took a deep breath, and whispered to myself. 'No. It's better off that way. He won't feel guilty if he doesn't know, right? ' I moved closer to the edge, as I thought I could smell him in the air, and I felt a tear flowing down my cheek. 'Why am I crying? Nobody will care. Nobody will notice. Nobody will know. ' I wiped my tear off and closed my eyes, as it felt like his smell reached me once again. I let my balance disappear and I leaned forward.

'Goodbye, Yato.'

-