Chapter 50+2

"Come on Mama, Papa, hurry up!" Hitomi yelled at us while running a few metres forward in the small path to the Far Shore. I always felt dizzy walking on it; just thinking that losing your balance would result in falling into complete, endless nothing for eternity made me feel scared.

"Hitomi don't get too far from us, it's dangerous!" I told her loudly, as I watched Yato almost running to her to slow her down, then patting her head before holding her hand for the rest of the way.

Walking felt endless, but we arrived at our destination, where we would meet up with Yato's father first.

Hitomi looked around in excitement, and yelled many random words in order to listen to their echo in the space. She started walking around, admiring the pretty colors surrounding her and the fact that she was stepping on nothing.

"You're finally here", a low-pitched voice echoed and made Hitomi run behind my skirt scared.

"It's okay, that's just your grandpa", I calmed her down, putting my hand on her back. As he got closer to us and was fairly visible, Hitomi sticked out her face from behind me, then gradually stood next to me, holding my hand. Yato walked towards us and kneeled down to her.

"It's okay, sweetie, he's nice." He smiled to her widely and offered her his hand. She hesitantly let go of mine and took her father by the hand, walking towards him as I followed from behind.

"It's been quite a while, Yato, Hiyori." He sounded dead serious, but there was a sign of happiness in his voice.

"We're sorry we were away for such a long time, Father. I brought someone who wants to meet you." He looked down to his daughter and smiled to her, before picking her up and holding her in his arms.

"This is Hitomi. My daughter." Hitomi was blushing a lot and was trying to hide herself in Yato's chest, as Yato laughed to her adorable reactions. "Say hi, Hitomi", he whispered to her, but she refused to take her face out of her dad's chest.

"H-hi, grandpa..." Hitomi's very high-pitched voice echoed as she slowly lifted her head from Yato's chest and waved with a fast move, before biting her finger with her lips nervously. Yato patted her head and smiled at her brightly.

"Hi little one", he answered her, with a softer voice this time, holding her tiny hand in his big and old one.

"We are here to see Hiromu. Where is he?" Yato said, with a more serious look on his face. There was silence for some time, a very awkward one.

"I'll take you to him", he replied and turned around. "Follow me."

-

[Sorry this was late...and bad written >.<]