Chapter 39

Was I looking forward to seeing Josh? Hell no. Was I going to act like I was okay? Hell yes. There was no way that boy was going to see me cry over him.

Not anymore.

I am new and improved. This is going to be the best year of my life. All I have to do is get to 2014.

I walk downstairs and grab a beer.

"Starting so soon?" Adam, Joshs best friend jokes.

"Well I'm gonna need it." I snap taking a sip.

"He really is sorry. He just sits in his room and cries."

"Stop trying to make me talk to him. Im not talking to him."

"I know. It's just depressing." he jokes.

Ill admit, Adam is hot. He's tall, nicely built, has these deep blue eyes that are mesmerizing, this smile that just makes you melt, and his laugh is.. Stop it Jen!!

Just focus on being strong. The last thing you need is to go dating your ex-boyfriends best friend. Like talk about awkward.

"You think too much." He states taking my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask him over the music.

He keeps walking through the crowd of people my parents invited. They weren't big on parties except when it came to New Years. They go crazy.

Adam leads me out to the back deck of the place. He looks up at the stars and jut stares.

"What are we doing?" I ask him.

"I'm spending the whole night with you so you stop thinking so much." He says smiling down at me.

"And why would you want to do that?"

"Ill admit, when Josh first introduced us, I fell for you. I fell hard."

"Why?"

"Because believe it or not, you are very attractive and I think you have an amazing personality. I would love to get to know you."

"Really?"

"Yea. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"I dunno. Just been a while since I've had a conversation with a normal guy."

"Sweetheart, I'm anything but normal."

We both start laughing. I notice him staring at me. As much as I want to deny it, my heart starts racing faster and faster. We stare at the stars. I feel him move closer and closer to me. I smile and take a sip of my beer. This was going to be the best year of my life. I mean I get to ring it in with an insanely attractive guy.

"Come on." He says pulling me down the steps.

"We are going to get murdered!" I exclaim.

"It will be fun."

"Thats what they always say before the two idiots get murdered."

"Oh come on. Have some fun!"

We keeps a hold of my hand as we walk through the woods, to a lake. We walk down the dock which isnt the safest. He sits down at the end. I follow his lead and take my shoes off, dipping my feet in the water.

"That water is freezing!!" I Shriek!

"You get use to it." he says shrugging.

"How did you even know about this place?"

"I grew up around here."

"I thought you were from union."

"Nope born and raised here. My family and I moved up to Union when I was 13. I was pissed at the world. When I met josh, he made me realize that it was for the best."