Chapter 5

We all just sit there. I look over at jen. She makes a dorky face. I laugh.

"Would you guys like to go out to dinner. My treat." I suggest.

Everyone agrees. We all file out into separate cars. We meet back up at apple bees.

"Let's see we need a table for 11. We have a big crowd with us tonight." Jen says to the man.  

"Ok. Follow me this way. And we won't let any paps in. Enjoy your meal." 

"Thank you." I say to the man.

He sets the menus down and then leaves us. Our moms actually sit by each other and right away start talking. The rest of us who don't want to talk about fashion as other crap talk about the reds game.

"Have you guys seen choo in action! Man he is awesome!" Conner says. 

"No kidding! But Bruce is screwing up again! They need to get rid of him!" Jen adds. 

"Yea I know! He can't hit a homerun to save his god damn life!" Jens dad adds. 

"Oh please they won't get rid of bruce!" My dad says.

I put my arm around Jen. I sit back and enjoy how everyone is getting along so well.

"I can't believ this is working out so well." I whisper to Jen. 

"I know. I thought there might be a problem but not at all! This is perfect." Jen whispers back.

The waiter walks up to us.

"Can I start you guys off with drinks?" She asks us.

Jen, her dad, her brothers, my dad, and I all order beers. The moms order water and Conner gets a coke.

"Okay. I'll be right back with your drinks." She says before walking away.

The moms go back to talking and the rest of us go back to the reds game. The reds are winning by two.

"Oh come on!" My dad says as the give up a run. 

"See what I mean!" Jens dad says. 

"You're right! Bruce needs to go!" 

"He's bringing them down!" Conner adds.

I look over at Jen who is watching the game. She notices me staring at her and looks at me. I lean in and giver her a quick kiss.

"This is perfect." She whispers to me. 

"I know. Best day of my life." I whisper back.  

"I don't think it could get any better."  

"I wouldn't be so sure."  

"Why do you say that."  

"Just saying anything could happen.

The waiter comes back with our drinks then our food. We all eat and head out. I open jens door. Then run around and get in. After a good ten minutes of driving jen finally asks,

"Where are we going?" 

"Somewhere special." I tell her. 

"Which is where?" 

"Just be quiet."

We reach the top of the mountain side. Jen jumps out admiring the view.

"Have you ever seen something more beautiful?" She asks. 

"Yes I have." 

"What?" 

"You." 

"Aww that was cheesy but cute." 

"Thank you."

I pull out a blanket and we sit there looking up at the stars. Fireworks go off. Perfectly planned. They spell out josh and Jen in a heart. That my friends was conners idea.

"Josh!" Jen exclaims. 

"Yes."  

"What was that?" 

"The almost ending to a perfect night." 

"What's the perfect ending?" 

"This"

I lean in and kiss her softly and passionately. She smiles causing us to break apart.

"I love you." I whisper. 

"I love you too." She whispers back.

I look over at Jen. She is fast asleep. God, she is beautiful. How did I get this lucky! Her eyes slowly open. She puts her head on my chest and looks up at me. She closes her eyes and sighs.

"What?" I ask her.

"Just enjoying this moment." She whispers.

I start laughing. "Okay."

"I'm serious josh."

"Okay, okay."

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn't become famous."

"Nope. I'm happy why ruin it."

"Oh."
"Why what's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Well if you hadn't become famous, I doubt I would be famous because I chased after my dreams because of you."

"Really?"

"Yea I saw the kid from Kentucky and I wanted to be that. Tht kid was you."

"Ya I got that but that is still really sweet."

"Really?"

"Really. I love you."

"I love you too."

"I wish I could just live in this moment forever because it is perfect... Just like you."

"You are so cheesy but I love it."

I give her a kiss before standing up and helping her up. I pick the blanket up and throw it in the car. I open jens door.

"Why thank you!" She exclaims sarcastically.

"Shut up and get in." I say jokingly.

I close her door and run around the car. I start the car and slowly head down the mountain thing. Jen looks down at her phone and scowls.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"My manager wants us to go on Ryan secrest and tell the world we are dating." She says annoyed as ever.

"Ohh."

"Yep."

"Well maybe it's a good thing jen. Finally we get to be together."

"I guess. I just don't want people to be so obsessed with us. I just wish people could leave it alone."

"Maybe we should just stand up and shout to everyone that we are dating."

"You are so stupid."

"But you love me.. So that makes you stupid too."

"How dare you!" She exclaims while punching me.

"Oww. That hurt!"

"Good." I drop jen off. Being the gentlemen I am, I walk her to the door.

"I had a great night josh." Jen says.

"Me too. Best night of my life."

 "Good. Ill see ya tomorrow."

"Bright and early."

She walks in before I can even kiss her. Oh well I can kiss her all I want tomorrow.