Part 45

I am so so sorry for the long wait!

I hold the mask in my hands, trying to determine what to do. Should I tell Dr Green? Should I meet the mysterious masked man? If I decide to go, how do I get back here? I decide to do a combination of the both. Still holding the mask, I turn around and make my way out of the trees. I walk back to where I dropped the camp beds and see that Dr Green is standing over them on the phone.

"... no I didn't. Remember last time we couldn't get through to her that wa- Wait, she's here... Yes she looks fine. I'll call you back." He says before hanging up. He rushes towards me, grabbing me and hugging me close.

"Are you OK?" He asks moving back from me. He looks down to my hand where the mask is clutched, before freezing. "Where did you get that?"

"Um, I found it in the woods." I explain. I turn it over and pass it to him. He lifts it up and examines the words on the back. His eyes widen as he moves them to me.

"Thank you for telling me about it. You're not going though." He tells me unlocking his phone again.

"Why not? Everything could stop. He doesn't say what he wants with me. It couldn't be that bad."

"You are so trusting." He comments, returning the phone to his pocket.

All of sudden I can feel the boys' presences in my mind.

"Doc, Sang Baby'll go anyway." North remarks. I go to object, but stop when I realise he was right.

"We need to make a plan. I'm with Cupcake, this needs to end." The Boys all pipe up with their agreements, except for Gabe, Nathan, Kota and Mr Blackbourne. Having seen my thought the boys go silent, and a wall is pushed down between me and the others. I watch Dr Green who is looking like he is pondering something. Seconds later the wall is up and they are back.

"Pookie, they're busy right now. Remember? Mr Blackbourne had something for them to do." Dr Green explains vaguely. I bite my lip. Something more important than me? This thought is also picked up on and The Boys all instantly try to reassure me.

"With the jobs, the rule is to put the wall down. They don't know what is going on right now." North explains. Feeling bad about doubting them, I wait for someone else to say something.

"Luke's right. We need to meet." North continues. I push the conversation between the guys to the back and reach out to Victor. It's the first time he's been home since the incident with Muriel.

"Hi Princess."

"Victor. Is everything OK at home?" I ask.

"I'm not home. I'm with Silas, I didn't want to risk it. You don't need to worry about me." I sigh.

"I'm meant to worry. I'm your mate." After finishing wit Victor I reach out for Silas.

"How are your wrists?" I ask. Like he's pulling me into a different room, Silas pulls me into his mind. I see his line of sight move to his wrists which are now entirely healed.

"Great, Aggele mou."

"Pookie!" I hear being called. I pull out of Silas' mind and move back to my own. I look back to the parking lot and see Dr Green standing back in front of me, rubbing my arms.

"You can finish talking to them when we get to the Taylor residence. I'm also going to try and get hold of the others." He tells me with a small smile.

Here you go! I hope you liked it! Once again, I'm sorry for the wait.

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and following!

CC ;)