Part 44

Dr Green and I are both in his car, driving towards his house. I'm excited to see where he lives, and find out more about him. So far we have been heading back towards Sunnyvale Court. As we get closer, my breathing starts to quicken. When the indicators come on for us to turn off at the junction, I look over to Dr Green, who is his usual calm and care free self. I press my quivering lips together.

"We're just stopping at the diner quickly to pack up everything, and then we will go onto mine." He says turning to me. His eyes go over my face, studying my features. "Pookie, what's wrong?" He asks. I blush, feeling embarrassed that I was getting so worked up.

"Nothing." I mumble. He keeps looking at me, with a raised eyebrow, showing me he doesn't believe me.

"The road!" I exclaim.

"Ignore that, it doesn't matter. Tell me what the matter is. You can trust me: I'm a doctor." A small smile comes onto my lips.

"It's small and stupid but..."

"Nothing is small and stupid; the size of the situation is different for different individuals." Dr Green chastises. I bite my lip, before muttering my response.

"I was worried you were taking me back to my step mother."

"Oh, Pookie, you know we would never do that." He says reaching for my hand and squeezing it. I wouldn't blame them if they did, ever since I have come into their life I've made it harder. They've been locked up because of me, and have been distracted from why they're at the school in the first place, because they've been protecting me. I've never had anyone care about me, and then when nine guys all come along at once, and all care about me equally, it's a shock. I care about them and I don't want them to get hurt, or be at threat of hurt but I don't know how I can do that, while keeping myself safe.

Dr Green pulls into the diner parking lot, putting the car into park. I follow Dr Green to the building that used to be a church and into our temporary bedroom for the night before.

"We'll take everything for now." Dr Green tells me. I acknowledge, showing that I understand. I try to help Dr Green dismantle the camp beds, but eventually end up just being the courier between the diner and car.

On about my third trip out to the car, I see a movement in the trees. I freeze where I am and study the place where I saw the movement. Something white stares back at me. I look back to the diner and then to the masked man. Wanting to help, instead of being the helpless victim, I drop the beds I have in my arms and storm to where the mask is. I arrive to the trees and look for the mask again. I notice it further in the trees and push my way to it, only to be disappointed, and intrigued when I see that the mask is without a body. Why leave a mask? Is it the same guy? If so, is he telling us he's watching us? Curiosity getting the better of me, I reach for the mask hesitantly. I rub the material between my thumb and fingers, thinking. I turn it absent minded over in my hands. As I turn it, something catches my eye on the back of the mask. Bits of newspaper, with just the letters are stuck on the back. It reads as follows:

I KNOW YOU WANT ALL OF THIS TO BE OVER AND IT CAN BE. IT IS SIMPLE. MEET ME AT THIS SPOT AT 8PM. COME ALONE.

Here you go! Hope you liked it! I'm sorry that there was a long wait. I think that this is close to an end, I'm not sure yet.

You can now also find me on Instagram, at @cc_thewriter (the same as my Twitter)

Will Sang go?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and following!

CC ;)