Part 18

I wrote this on my phone so please let me know if you see any mistakes I or autocorrect could have done. :)

A rush of voices come at me mostly asking me if I was OK. I pull my knees up to my chest and rest my chin on the top of them looking off into the distance at nothing in particular. I realise it was all a dream and probably a memory, but it felt so real like I was actually there. I could feel, smell and taste the fire, and still can. I can see someone come into view and I blink and see Mr Blackbourne stood there with his hair ruffled and in his pyjamas.

"Miss Sorenson are you OK?" He asks.  I look down at myself and see no injuries or marks. I nod.

"I mean emotionally and mentally." He says giving me a knowing look. I shrug my shoulders and then go back to staring into space.

"Why don't we all go into the living room." Kota says looking at me with worry etched on his face. The boys all exit the room their faces holding the same expression as Kota's. Kota walks up to me and stands beside me looking like he doesn't know what to do.

"Sang..." He says. I move my head slightly towards him letting him know that I was listening.

"Why don't you brush your teeth... It always makes me feel better after a nightmare." He says. I don't move. He gives a sigh and then picks me up and carries me into the bathroom, placing me on the counter. The tap runs and then a pressure pushes against my lips. I open my mouth automatically and then he starts to brush my teeth for me. I would have laughed in a different situation. Kota finishes and he was right and I do feel a little better.

"Better?" He asks. I nod.

"I need to go to the toilet." I whisper. He nods and then tells me he'll be outside the door.

*^*^*

I finish up and open the door to see Kota sat on the bed with his head in his hands. When he hears the door open he looks up at me, giving me a small smile. I give him a small smile back, but I think it came across more than a grimace. His smile falters and he stands up walks over to me, taking my hand in his. He pulls me gently behind him and into the living room where the boys are sat like Kota had when I came out of the bathroom. When they heard us all of there heads whipped up and looked at us. I pulled my hand from Kota's and sat in a free armchair pulling my knees up to my chest looking off into the distance.

"Why does she do that? Why is she not talking?" Luke asks.

"She's in shock." Dr Green says.

"Can we make it better? With our touch - we are her fucking mates." Gabe says.

"It'll comfort her but she needs to work through it herself. All we can do is be there when she's ready to talk." Dr Green says.

"Fine, but I'm not leaving her when she's like this." North says storming over to where I am sat. He lifts me up and sits back down with me on his lap. He nuzzles my neck, causing sparks to go through my body from the mate bond. I relax slightly into North's hold and rest my head on his chest.

"Sang Baby, it's still early, go back to sleep, I'll stay here with you." He whispers. A blanket is thrown over us and a hand smoothes my hair down running their fingers through my hair. I close my eyes, willing sleep to take my body but every time I close my eyes I see my mom dying in front of my eyes the white mask floating in front of the scene. After closing my eyes for the third time and still getting the scenes replaying, I don't close them again, just stare off into space. North's breathing evened out about half an hour ago. I look around the room and see the boys bodies slumped, fast asleep. I quietly and gently pull out of North's grip and walk out of the room, holding the blanket to me. I needed to get out of the room, it just reminded me of the scene. I walk out to the backyard and sit on the edge of the pool dipping my toes into the cool water and stare off into the woods.

Hope you liked it!!

What did you think?

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

CC ;)