Chapter 30; White lips, Pale face

Devon's P.O.V

Walking into the hospital room the only sounds were Seth's heart monitor and everyone deep breathing, as it was late at night. The light streaming in from the hallway allowed us to see Seth curled into Eli's chest while he tenderly held him and Shawn asleep on the couch provided.

Ronnie started forward towards Seth and Eli and threw himself gingerly on top of them, hugging them. My heart ached as his shoulders started to shake in pain.

He knew what happened.
He felt Seth's pain.

Stepping by forward I placed my hand on his shoulder and he immediately turned to cling to my chest.

"Why didn't he listen?" He sobbed his tears soaking through my shirt and surly leaving wet patches. Grabbing his waist I picked him up off the ground, wrapping my arms around his back. His legs immediately wrapped themselves around my waist and his arms around my neck.

     "I could have stopped him from going with him and he wouldn't be he and...and it's all my fault!" Ronnie sobbed his voice trembling as I carried him into the hallway trying to calm him down.

     Pressing my back against the wall I slid down it pulling Ronnie close and running my fingers down his back and up again repeatedly in a soothing matter.

                           Shawn's P.O.V

     "and...and it's all my fault!" I heard the end of Ronnie's speech making my heart tighten in pain for him. He was the last person in the world I would blame this on. Looking towards the door I saw Devon rocking a crying Ronnie on the floor while snuggling his face into his neck.

     Tearing my eyes away from them I looked towards Eli and Seth expecting both of them to be asleep but saw Seth's brown eyes staring back at me. Smiling I pushed myself up from the couch and into the plastic chair next to the bed.

     "Hi," he smiled up at me making me reach out my hand for the first time in a long time and cup his cheek.

     "Hi," I whispered brushing his cheek with the pad of my thumb. I could of stayed there all day admiring him...his beauty. He was perfect.

                    ******************

     As the morning light streamed in from the windows we all were spread around the tiny hospital room waiting for the doctor to come back and tell us Seth could go home. The morning nurses had taken out his I.V. given him a shower, and helped him dress. Now as we sat in the faint afternoon sun it was quiet except for the occasional yawn of sniffle.

     Finally the stalky male in the white jacket entered the room with a nod and smile to everyone, "looks like your good to go," he smiled at Seth making everyone in room jump up from their chairs.

     Smiling Seth just looked back at Eli and I. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" He said giggling and hobbling as fast as he could out of the room clutching his sweater in his hands.

     Following him towards the doors it just got colder as we approached the entrance and when we saw outside it was clear why. Small crystal white snowflakes were falling slowly from the sky, shimmering in what sun was shinning.

     After pulling on his sweater Seth pushed the door and stepped outside and stopped, tilted his head upwards and let the snow fall on his face.

     He looked like an angel. His unusually pale face and lips, his jet black hair, and brown eyes. He was my angel. 

     Sucking in a deep breath I pushed the door and joined him outside breathing in the snowflakes. Smiling I placed my arms underneath his knees and back and lifted him into me, making him emit a surprised squeal.

     "Lets go home, love."