Chapter 20; Morning coffee

Seth's P.O.V

     The cold air was chilling my arms making me wake up shivering. Looking around the bed I found out why; Shawn and Eli were hogging the blanket and someone left the window open letting the snow from last night in. Tossing my legs over the side of the bed I quickly shut the window as quirky as possibly and locked it.

    "Ugh, motherfuckers trying to get me sick," I whispered turning to glare at the two sleeping lumps in the bed. Assuming the clouds were blocking out the sun I turned to face my nightstand, now wrapped in the warmth of the heater.

     My eyes shot open as they read the flashing red numbers '4:17.' Sighing I just shrugged in defeat and walked towards the door. I need some coffee. Opening the bedroom door and closing it behind me I was immediately incased in darkness. Feeling along the wall I felt my way down the hall and to the stairs. Taking each step I prayed that no one was up or woke up hearing the creaks. Once I was at the bottom walked through the dining room and looked up towards the kitchen but stopped when I saw a figure perched on the counter in between the fridge and coffee maker.

    "Hello? Are you the guy who came in through my window? I know karate!" I whispered my voice startling the figure as it sat up straighter and looked up at me.

     I heard a small giggle "Seth? It's just me," suddenly the room was flooded with light stunning my eyes. I quickly moved my hands to them protecting them from the hurtful substance. Taking a step back into the darkness of the dining room I rubbed my eyes until they no longer stung from being stocked into being awake. Looking back up at Ronnie I shook my head.

    "What are you doing down here?" I asked wondering how he managed to stay in the same exact spot but turn on the lights as well.

  "I'm a vampire; I don't sleep. You expect me to stay in a bed for almost 12 hours without food or coffee? I don't think so," he said raising his mug to take another swig of what I'm assuming is coffee. Nodding I stepped into the kitten the tile cold on my bare feet and the air cold on my naked chest. Walking around the island in the middle of the kitchen I stopped beside Ronnie reaching above him in the cabinet rummaging around for a mug.

     Having no luck I sighed and closed the cabinet and turned to him, "lean down." Obeying my orders I opened the cabinet directly above him and awkward grabbed a mug; quickly.

     Just to my luck it was a pink mug that read 'Princess' in purple and yellow lettering. It has a crown hung over the word and a curved wand for a handle. Stepping away from Ronnie I rolled my eyes at the mug and turned the coffee maker on setting my mug underneath it.

     Hearing Ronnie take a breath I raised my hand and placed it over his face, "don't." Stepping away from him I opened the fridge grabbing the coffee creamer. My favorite; smores. Hearing the stairs creaking Ronnie and I looked at each other and smiled knowingly. We turned out glances to the entrance of the dining room and saw a familiar figure. It was Shawn's dad. As he joined us in the kitchen I turned grabbing my full mug from the dispenser, pouring the creamer in, and stirring it.

     "Can't sleep either?" He asked us looking around as he awake sly grabbed a mug around Ronnie obviously aiming to grab a specific mug.

    "No, sir," I nodded raising my cup to my face and taking a large sip wanting the caffeine to race through my body as soon as possible.

     Giggling Ronnie shrugged looking up at Shawn's dad, "I don't really sleep, sir."

     He laughed because it seemed Shawn's dad: who we did not know the name of yet: was not capable of giggling in his state of manliness. Looking at Ronnie he nodded his eyes gleeful.
As his mug filled he turned looking at us. His eyes were scanning us as if giving us a once-over.

    "Don't call me sir. It makes me feel old, weird and while I may be older than you two y'all will pretty soon be related to me. So call me dad, Hall, or anything else. Just not sir or Mr.Ortiz," he said making my eyes widen.

     Was he serious?

    "Yes, s-dad," I smiled at him making him nod at me.

     It was foreign. The use of the word 'dad' in a good way. All of my life it had been used to describe such a horrible human being. But now, now it describes some gentle, kind, loving. Someone who actually cares.

     Hall breathed in deeply making Ronnie and I look up at him expectantly, "I may be hard on them sometimes, but it's only cause I want to see the best in them. I want them to know that they can do better. That they can achieve anything." Looking at Hall's face as he said these words I saw in his emotions what I had missed out on for so many years. All the training, advice, all the father-son-time. Hall was such a good parent that he worried about his kids being too good.

    "Um, Hall. I know this is probably rude to ask but, I haven't seen my best friend Avery since I came here and I was wondering-"

     He interrupted me before I could finish my sentence, "of course you can see her! In fact she can come here for dinner and stay the night a few nights!" He suggested his voice still a whisper.

     Setting my mug on the island I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. "Thank you. Thank you for everything. You're like the dad I've never had." Laughing he patted my back with his one arm.

     "You're welcome. Just trying to help you out. I know what you're going through," he said. Stepping away from him I grabbed my coffee again and took another drink the caffeine not the only thing buzzing through my veins.
             *******************
               Eli's P.O.V

     There was some weird squealing going on that sounding like a mix between two pigs, a bird and a slightly retarded whale. Rolling over I grounded shifting my pillow from beneath my head to over it. My sound seemed to silence the mating ritual or whatever the hell was going on. To be honest they could be Mayans coming back from the dead and sacrificing me to Chaac.

     "Eli?" Someone asked me my tired brain too...tired to process who it was. In response I just groaned not wanting to be irritated, poked, prodded, talked to, or messed with right now.

    "Are you awake?" They asked again making angrier than last time. Lifting the pillow Seth was sat next to me with my sky blue laptop in his lap looking wide awake while outside was pitch black and spitting snow.

    "No, come back later," I said and rolled over pushed the pillow back into my head. I heard him giggle but weirder than that I heard a girl's laugh too. Is he possessed?

      "Is he always so grumpy?" I heard the female again. Her voice was light and airy. It had a slight accent to it that a couldn't quite pin British or South African.

     Replying Seth answered, "usually only when he's tired or the day after inter course." Groaning I turned back over to face him. Pulling the pillow from my face I looked up at him.

     "Yes, darling?" He asked placing his hand on my cheek making me shiver from it's coldness.

     Glaring up at him I snapped, "can you two be quieter so I can sleep or am I gonna have to go sleep with Devon and Ronnie?" He smiled and leaned down pressing his lips to mine. It was a soft kiss; his chapped lips against my red, bruised lips. It was perfect.

   "Sorry, we'll be quite. Sleep," he whispered his forehead pressed to mine. Nodding I pressed my lips to his once more in a peck and smiled as he leaned down for more. Still slightly irritated with him I pushed him away giggling and rolled over cuddling into Shawn's side who, surprisingly, hadn't woken up.

     Wrapping me in his arms and his warmth I drifted back to sleep.
**************
A/N;this isn't the end I just want it say. AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

       There is a fucking annoying pigeon outside my window who thinks he is a fucking owl!!!! He/she won't shut up! It sounds like he/she is dying!! I'm so over it!!!
*****************
               Seth's P.O.V
Looking down at Avery as Eli drifted back to sleep wrapped in Shawn's arms she was biting her fist a sign she was trying not to squeal.