Chapter 29; Musically gifted.

Two weeks later
Shawn's P.O.V

Watching Seth sleep from the couch, it was almost annoying not knowing when I was going to see his eyes again. Not knowing when I was going to feel his hand securely in mine again. Not knowing when I could hold him in my arms knowing he was back. Eli turned to me from the chair making me shift my gaze from the seemingly lifeless body.

     "When do you think he'll wake up?" He asked scooting his chair closer to me so he could lay his head in my lap. Running my hands through his recently washed hair I sighed.

     "I don't know," I said speaking my mind. It worries me not knowing. Not really doing anything but hoping that his heart monitor wouldn't scream at us again. Wouldn't tell us that he is gone. Suddenly the body that was still for what seemed eternity jolted into a sitting position. Seth began to grab at his tubes on his arms, the mask on his face, and the chords running to his chest. His eyes were wide in fear as they started at the blank white wall in front of him. My body was numbed from shock as I watched his body shake and flail.

     I thought he was gone.

******************************

           Eli's P.O.V

     As the shock wore off from my body I bounced up onto my legs and grabbed Seth's hands.

     "Seth, Seth it's me. It's Eli, I'm here for you. It's okay baby," I whispered running my fingers over his knuckles and watching his body slowly relax back onto the bed. His neck slowly turned so his eyes could meet mine and I didn't need to hear his voice to know what he was thinking.
He was frightened, sad, and needed to be held. I watched his eyes well up with tears and his face immediately snapped back to staring at the white wall. Climbing in next to him our bodies were crammed into the tight space. There was no part of our sides that weren't touching. Turning I grabbed him and pulled him into my chest, but just as my hand grabbed his shoulder he let out a slight whine and threw up his hand in defence.

     Pulling him to me I wrapped my arms around him and whispered every sweet word that I could conjure up. Every little thing until all I could think of was a song my mom used to sing to me when I was little. Feeling the tears leaking through my shirt I began to sing softly to my sweet sweet angel.

"It's you and me. The stars and moon will keep us company. They'll watch over us as we fall asleep and I will hold you close,
"So lay your head down on the pillowcase. Close your eyes and feel my warm embrace. 'Cause in my arms you know you will be safe and I won't let you go,
"So baby let my heartbeat be the rhythm that puts you to sleep. My smile will be the first thing you see when you wake up. When you wake up. When you wake up."

     Feeling his chest rise up and down evenly underneath my hand I smiled and nuzzled into his neck. I guess my smile will have to be the first thing he sees when he wakes up.