Chapter 25; Home but not homie.

Shawn's P.O.V

     It killed me that only looking at him made me weak still. Watching him from the doorway I felt disgusted. But, I didn't know with who...or what. Eli had pressed himself into the window couch and fallen asleep with the sun. My mother was curled into the recliner, her hand grasping onto Seth's. Watching all of them together made my heart flip.

     Hearing a sharp intake of breath I quickly looked to Seth to see him twisting his body, his face pulled into one of pain and his eyes leaking. I felt guilty watching him not helping but part of me wanted him to hurt for what he did to me. I wanted him to know all the pain he put me through. Turning I walked out of the room towards the nurses desk. All of the lights were dimmed in the hallway making the nurses look like shadows.

    "Excuse me?" I asked stepping towards the desk and gaining the attention of a petite woman who looked in her 40's. "Seth Hawk is having nightmares. I think someone should be in there." She nodded jogging into the room I had just left from.

      Seth's P.O.V {Dream}

Blood.
     There was so much damn blood.

     "Stop," I whispered trying to get the pain in my body to listen to my pleas, apparently it was just as capable as listening as Spencer. My arms and thighs wouldn't stop the deep stinging pain. They wouldn't stop pouring over with the crimson, iron smelling substance.

Worthless!
     Die!
    No one loves you!
     You're wrong!
Faggot
Slut
Whore
You asked for this
No! Go away!
Hoe
No one will save you
Shawn, Eli, Spencer. They all HATE you

The voices wouldn't stop. The pain wouldn't stop. Maybe I should die here.

******************************

"Mr. Hawk! Mr. Hawk it's just a dream!" Someone was shaking me making me jolt awake. I was surrounded by nurses. Strangers.

     The room was dark and the floor was no longer cold and hard but fluffy, comfortable, and...warm. Looking down I was covered with a thin blue blanket and my usual denim jeans and blue t-shirt was replaced with a gown.
My arms were bandaged along with my stomach and thighs, my hand had an I.V pumping some kind of drug into me and my chest had sticky round circles placed to it.
Looking back up the only nurse in the room now was a petite woman with short brown hair who was checking my chart.

     "Are those self-inflicted?" She asked awkwardly pointing towards my arms. Slacking my head I looking back down again letting my hair fall messily in front of my face covering myself from the world.

   "Don't do that," a familiar voice said and a hand reached forward making me flinch backwards.

            Eli's P.O.V

    "Don't do that," I scolded him leaning forward to push the hair out of his face. I hated when he hid like that. As soon as my hand got close to his face he jumped backwards making me pull my hand to my chest.

     Was he afraid of me? Did I do something?
    Oh God...did he hate me?

     "I won't hurt you," I whispered looking back to his fridge covered face watching as he grabbed at his stomach with his hands. Trailing my eyes downward I watched as his gown became drenched with blood. Jumping up I pushed him into his back.

     "It's okay," I smiled down at him as his face cringed at the sudden movement,"nurse!" From my training I knew I needed to change his bandages, new clothes and he would probably need stitches. He would probably need help with a shower too. Forcing on his gown I started slipped down his arms when his hand gripped my wrist.

     "Wait," he strained his arms trying to cover his body.

     Leaning down I quickly pressed my lips to his, "Seth, I've seen you naked. I just need to see. Please, you're bleeding," I begged him waiting for a nurse to assist me. Nodded his hand slowly fell back on the bed and I pulled the gown down to his waist. His bandage was now completely bled through. Pulling at the tape on either side I tore it off his skin to see the wound tore open on one side his stitches no longer drove into a neat line in his skin creating a train track leading to no where.

    "I'll be back," I promised him and turned around marching out into the dark hallway only to run into Shawn's chest. "Get a nurse! Quickly!" I pushed him towards the desk.

     "Why what happened?" He asked looking into the room. Shoving him towards the desk harshly I just yelled.

    "Just get a damn nurse...and ask for some needle and thread!" He nodded jogging towards the desk but the nurses had already heard me and were scrambling around trying to gather the supplies. Walking back into the room Shawn's mom, Beka, was wide awake and sitting quietly next to Seth her hands folded into her lap. Her eyes were glued on Seth's stomach wound and the scars littered around it. It's amazing the damage that one man did in a month. Scars, bruises, burns, nightmares.

     "Got it, sir! But, we've got no doctor in call to stick him up," a smaller, stick thin blonde nurse jumped into the room with a tray full of gloves, needles, bandages, and some sticking thread. Waving at her I just pointed to my badge that read 'EMT.' She nodded and just set the try on the bed and stood next to me sliding on a pair of gloves.

     Picking up the needle I cringed as I looked up at Seth, apologising to him for the pain I was about to cause.
*************
                 Seth's P.O.V

     As he set down the needle I felt like I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. Looking down my abdomen was smeared with the iron substance.

     "Shower?" I asked looking towards both Eli and the nurse. They looked at each other questingly.

     "You help him and I don't see a problem. Don't get his stitches wet and wash him with a cloth. Face his side away from the water and you should be fine," she nodded and picked up both my gown and the tray walking out of the room. Eli smiled and turned pressing buttons on the machines and then twisting something on my I.V that left me with just the little nubbin. Reaching towards my chest he began to peel the little sticky things off one by one and he stuck them on the flatlining heart monitor. Peeling off the last one he looked to Mrs. Ortiz.

  "Can you call Shawn and see if he can run home and find some clothes for him. Just some sweats or sport shorts, one of my t-shirts and a jacket," she pulled out her phone in response clicking around. While Eli slipped his arms under my knees and my back, slowly lifting me up and pressing me against him.