Chapter 23; Carnival?

Seth's P.O.V

     Everything hurt.

     No. Everything was numb. From the usual shaking of my hands to feeling of my heart.
I was left emotionless. Breathing in deeply and stretching out trying to rid myself of the numbness I found myself surrounded by a different surrounding. There was a smell of pancakes and a hint of soap in the air and I could hear someone singing.

     Opening my eyes I was enveloped with light shining through the windows facing me. I was on a bed...who's bed?

     The blankets were checkered red, white and black along with the pillows. The bed was huge and placed high above the ground with a frame. The walls were painted a nice, deep mahogany and they (whoever had 'kidnapped' me) had hung phrases from books, movies, and some even just cheesy encouragements such as, "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, he became a butterfly."

     The floor had white carpet from wall to wall that was spotless of stains or basically any signs of life. Turning towards my left while sitting up there was a dresser pressed up against the middle of the wall and then a closet not to far from that. Pushing the blankets from my legs and hopping from the bed I started towards the closet but stopped when the cool air wrapped itself around my body.
Clothes? Looking down I found that I was no longer dressed in Spencer's light blue jacket, my t-shirt, and jeans but only left in my boxers. The thought of someone taking the time to undress me made my cheeks heat up.

     Stepping towards the closet once more I gripped the handle and pulled it towards me revelling racks full of suits, sport shorts, ties, dress shirts, baseball shirts. It was like a store in one closet.

     "You're awake!" A familiar voice shouted making me jump and turn around, slamming the closet door shut. Making eyes contact with Spencer my whole body relaxed. "Breakfast is ready."

     Smiling I nodded, "Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked shyly hiding my body from him with my hands. Chuckling he walked passed me opening a drawer to his dresser and pulled out an outfit containing of a white v-neck, black distressed skinny jeans, and a grey beanie. Pulling the items on as Spencer stood in the doorway and watched was surprisingly comfortable. The clothes fit perfectly. Not too big, not too small. The pants clung to my hips in a way the brought out my ass but not in a too much of a whore-ish way.

     Quickly, I followed Spencer out of the bedroom and down the hall towards the smell of food. Man, I could die a happy man.

******************************

                          Shawn's P.O.V

     It was painful to watch the stars disappear in the sky and the sun climb higher and higher with no sign of Seth returning. I could feel my heart breaking as love in his heart grew for someone else. Someone that wasn't me.

     "Shawn don't worry. He'll come back," Eli stressed setting next to me on the couch I had pushed next to the front window. Sighing I doubting him in my mind, but not saying anything and just laying my head in his shoulder. I knew he felt the drifting too. He felt the love growing like a knife being slowly jabbed through your heart. Hearing the clomping of feet coming down the stairs I straightened myself up and turned away from the window to seem less crazed. Ronnie and Devon popped into the doorway both fully dressed and wearing smiles until they sensed our sour moods.

     "What happened?" Devon asked stepping into the living room his eyes clearly stating a hole into my bags under my eyes. Sitting down on the couch across from us both of them raised their eyebrows ready to listen.

   "Seth went out with some creepy teacher who claimed it was for some counseling project. But he's not back yet and he isn't picking up his phone," I explained leaning further into the couch hoping it would hide the pain I was in.

     Ronnie squinted his eyes at us and looked around the room quickly. His face heated up and then he looked down at his hands folded in his lap. The welt in my chest seemed to burst out at his action, it burst into a ball of anger shaking my whole body.

     Throwing myself off the couch onto my feet I pointed my finger at him, "if you know anything you better speak up now. I swear I will snap that pretty little vampire neck of yours." His eyes seemed to bulge at my statement and he just shook his head.

     "I-I was just thinking that I could show you guys what happened last night. Between them. If you really wanted to know," Ronnie said quietly and looking anywhere but me, his features much softer now.

     "Yes! Show me!" I almost immediately yelled. Eli laid his hand on my shoulder making me turn to him.

     Sighing he began to reason with me, "Babe, we know he is already creating a  bond with someone else. Do you really want to see? What if you can't forgive him?" The thought made me shiver. Can't forgive him? Would Seth really do that? I warned him! He wouldn't!

     "I want to see. You don't have to come if you don't have to."