36

(currently dying at his beauty😭)

{2 weeks later}

Brad's P.O.V

Last week I travelled to the other side of London to meet up with the boys again. They said I had to sing or record my voice into a mic to see how I sounded, and I couldn't be more happy when I found out I was the 'right one'. They said my voice is unique and different, which made me feel a lot more confident. But I am yet to tell my family and friends about the news.

I still can't believe it, I'm in a band! And I'm the lead singer! Now I just need to find my place and put my all into it.

It is a cold Saturday morning, the wind whistled through the window as the curtains gently waved about. I was laying in my bed, thinking of how I got so lucky recently. I have the most amazing girlfriend and I got into a band within a month..I am extremely grateful.

I decide to get up and head downstairs, I shove on a pair of shorts and a tank top before being greeted by Jesse.

"Hey Jess." I say, my voice low and croaky. She follows me downstairs and into the living room where my mum, dad and Nat sit. I sit down next to my dad and take a deep breath.

You'll be okay.

Don't be scared! This is a huge thing for you!

Just believe in yourself.

I sigh and close my eyes, thinking of what I am going to say. I clear my throat and start to speak.

"Uhm, I have something to tell you." I say quietly. My heart started to pound as the nerves kicked in. Everyone turned to face me, my dad's hand patted my shoulder before I spoke.

"Two weeks ago I met up with 3 boys..I uh..they're in a band. They said they were looking for a vocalist, so I went along to meet them and they liked me. Uhm.." Before I could carry on, I was interrupted.

"But you don't sing?" Nat said, looking confused. I laugh a bit and smile.

"That's the thing I've been keeping from you, since I was 14 I've been singing. I've always had a passion for it." I blushed slightly. I looked over to my mum and dad who were holding hands, smiling at me.

"Anyway, I met up with them last week, recorded my voice into a mic so they could listen properly. They messaged me the other day saying I got the part in band as the lead vocalist." I say, slightly laughing at how amazed I still am.

"Oh Brad! I am so proud of you!" My mum said before rushing over to me. I laughed and stood up, hugging her as she continuously congratulated me. My dad did the same, as did Nat.

"I'm proud of you Brad, congratulations." My dad patted my back, I smiled at him and sat back down.

"So, you're in a band now?" Nat asked. I nodded my head, still in disbelief.

"I'm proud of you, brother." She punched my shoulder softly and giggled.

"Thanks, Nat." I smile, she pulled me in for a hug that I gladly accept.

**

I'm now on my way to meet Maddie at the park, I couldn't wait to tell her. Although, I'm unsure on how she will react. I clenched my fists together and arrive at the bench where we first met, I smiled at the memories and sat down.

Nearly there! See you soon x

Okay babe x

I put my phone back in my pocket and zip it up, I slouch down on the bench as I watch the dogs running around on the field in front of me.

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered my eyes. I could hear giggling, I knew it was Maddie.

"What are you doing?" I ask, laughing at her childishness.

"Surprising you." She giggled, removing her hands from my eyes. She came and sat next to me, her beautiful dark eyes staring into mine.

"So, I want to talk to you." I sighed, her smiled faded into a frown as I looked at her.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad." I smiled, she sighed in relief and took my hand in hers.

"Thank god." She giggled quietly.

"Uhm, how do I say this?" I say, scratching the back of my neck. Should I just get straight to the point?

"Since I was young, I have always had a passion for a certain thing. I've always loved it, but I've never been confident enough to tell anyone about it. Just 2 weeks ago I met up with 3 boys, they were looking for something, and I happened to be that 'something.'" By now, Maddie looked so confused.

"What are you talking about?" Her eyebrows furrowed slightly, I could see the confusion across her face. I laughed silently before carrying on.

"Well, since I happened to be that 'something', I am now apart of a group, a band to be specific." I looked down, slightly embarrassed. She gripped my hand tighter, making me look up.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" She gasped.

"I am now a lead vocalist." I smiled widely. Her eyes widen, her hand came over her mouth. She suddenly hugged me so tight I could barely breath.

"Oh my god! I am so proud of you!" She said before letting go.

"Thank you, I hope this hasn't changed anything." I slightly frowned.

"Of course not!" She giggled before kissing me.

"A few weeks ago, I actually heard you singing in the shower." I immediately blushed.

"And you have a beautiful voice." I blushed even harder at her words, she thinks I'm good? Well that's good to know..

"Awh, you." I said before pulling her in for another hug. She kissed my cheek and whispered 3 heart-racing words into my ear.

"I love you."

**