28

"So, how did last night go?" Lily asks as we sit on a park bench, the bench where Brad and I met.

"It went well actually, my parents like him-said he was interesting." I grinned.

"That's good, I'm happy your dad is home, I know how much you looked up to him."

"You sound like my mum." Lily giggles and sighs.

"Anyway, anything exciting happening in your life?" Lily's smile grows wide as I ask her.

"Neels is taking me out on a date." She blushed, then I remembered-Neels came round last week and asked me for date ideas, I forgot all about it.

"What day?"

"Friday I think, he's pretty excited about it." She giggles.

Just as our conversation ended, my phone went off in my pocket.

Maddie come home, someone is here for you.

I furrow my brows and sigh.

"Sorry Lily, I have to go. Mum says there's someone waiting for me, catch up later." I say whilst hugging her.

"Okay, bye." She waves. I take a deep breath and begin to walk home.

**

I eventually get home, I open the door and hear voices from the living room.

I walk in to see my mum, sitting with a blonde girl, she is extremely pretty. She had brown eyes, blonde hair with dark roots and has a perfect figure.

"Maddie, hey. I'll leave you two to talk." My mum smiles and wonders off, leaving me with the unknown girl.

"Not to be rude, but who are you?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"I'm Alissa."

My eyes widened slightly, my heart raced and the familiar sickly feeling came back.

"Oh, Alissa. I'm Maddie."

"I already know who you are, I know Lucas." She said quietly.

I sighed and rubbed my temple, trying to figure out why she was here.

"I know you and Lucas were together and I know how much you loved each other, I am so so sorry for ruining your relationship with him. It's all my fault, I knew you were with him. I guess I just felt..jealous? I don't know, but I can't say how sorry I am for ruining everything between you two.." She sniffles, trying to keep the tears back, I could tell she was a good person and I could tell she meant what she said.

"Alissa, it's okay. You don't have to apologise. Lucas and I were arguing at the time anyway, I'm not mad at you. We've moved on, he's seeing someone..I'm with someone now, it's alright." I smile lightly to her, she wipes the end of her nose with her fingers, picking at her perfectly manicured nails.

"Even if you were arguing with him, it's still wrong what I did. It was a big mistake, a foolish one." She looked down at her lap, she wasn't crying, but I could tell she wanted to.

"I know you're sorry, don't worry." She looks up at me, smiling slightly.

"Thank you, I hope you don't hate me." She giggles, I shake my head and laugh.

"No, of course not. Now let's forget about this, yeah?" Alissa nods her head, I smile and pull her in for a hug.

"Thank you." She whispers while we take in each other's embrace. We pull away, a huge weight lifted off both of our shoulders.

"I, uhm..I best get going. Could we exchange numbers, maybe go out for a few drinks soon?" She asks in her thick American accent.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love that." Alissa and I exchange numbers, then she left.

I sit down on the couch, then my mum walked in.

"What was that about? It sounded like someone was crying." She said as she sat down next to me.

"It's a long story."

**

the girl at the top is Alissa Violet😇