25

It's half 9 in the morning, my mum is due back any minute now. I picked all of Bella's things when I woke up so she's ready to go. Everything was done so I sat on the couch and waited for my mum to arrive.

"Maddie, I'm home!"

Kate's P.O.V (mum)

I have a huge surprise for Maddie. Basically, when Maddie was 10, her father trained hard to go to a war and combat school. He got an email saying he got in, but he had to leave home. About a year later, he came home and told us that he was going to be shipped over to different countries to fight for us and our country.

This whole 'business trip' was to meet my husband for the first time in 9 years, that's why I was away from home because it was a surprise for Maddie. She looked up to her father from a very young age, and as soon as he left she fell apart. Now she'll be stronger than ever now he's home.

I sent David round the back of the house, I gave him the spare key. I was mentally praying Maddie was in the living room or upstairs so she wouldn't hear or see him.

"Maddie, I'm home!" I shout as I closed the door. Maddie came out of the living room, her face lit up when she saw me. She ran over and hugged me, I laughed and dropped my bags and hugged her back.

I saw David look towards the stairs, then towards us. His eyes immediately started watering when he saw Maddie, she was facing the other way so she had no idea.

"Maddie, turn around." I smile.

Maddie's P.O.V

I let go of my mum, I was quite scared as to why she wants me to turn around. I turned my body to see a man in an army uniform, his eyes teared up as he saw me, mine did the same.

"Dad?" I whisper, he nodded. I gasped and ran towards him. He opened his arms, tears now pouring from his eyes. I tackled him into a hug and let the tears fall from my eyes.

I can't believe he's here, after all these years I finally have my dad back.

We pulled alway, wiping our tears away. I stepped back and smiled.

"You've grown up so much, Maddie. I can't believe it, the last time I saw you, you were a little girl! Now look at you!" He put his hand over his mouth and just looked at me.

I laughed at him and sniffled the tears away.

"I missed you so much." I shakily say as I pull him in for another hug.

I turn around to see my mum in tears.

"Was this the surprise?" I ask, she nods her head and laughs.

"Are you home for good?" I ask my dad, he nods his head and smiles.

"I'm so happy to have you back."

**

awhhh hope you like it🤗