Playing With The Alpha- Chapter 1 pg1

The wind rushes pass me as I dash through the forest floor. It whispers to me to run faster. I demand my feet to move quickly. Demand them to carry me to the edge of the forest to the cliffs.

Once I see the rocky cliffs I slow down. I breathe in the crisp fall air. It smelt of fresh rain. Running now to the edge of the cliff I stop to admire the view.

A snapping noise could be heard from behind me. I turn around to see what it was, but saw nothing.

"Hello?" I call out as I turn towards the sound. I see something gray flash before my eyes, I immediately back up.

Revealing its head out from the trees was a huge wolf. It slowly emerges out of the woods and onto the cliffs edge. Somehow this wolf seemed familiar; it slowly creeps closer to me. I take a few steps; reaching a hand out to touch it. I bend down, now on my knees I place both hands upon its fur. It begins to devour my scent.

"Alpha?" I whisper. The wolf backs away from me and bow its head as if to say 'yes'. I stand up, looking down to it.

"Why are you here?" I ask. The wolf and I hold eye contact before it dashes off back into the woods. I follow it.

"Alpha! Where are you going?"

He ignores my call and continues to run, but at a pace I could follow. He comes to a sudden stop at a shallow creek.

Ruffling noises and shouting could be heard from the other side of the creek. I walk closer to the wolf, joining its side.

Out from behind the trees comes alpha Randi pulling someone's arm.

He began shouting at his victim to "Stop pulling away!" I raise an eyebrow confused and I looked down to alpha Randi in his wolf form; I mouth "What is this?" The wolf doesn't respond but just stares at the scene in front of us.

The person he was pulling seemed to be struggling to get away from him. The person shouts "No, please stop!" I immediately recognize the voice. It was mine. My heart begins to beat faster.

Now completely out of the trees I could see both of us clearly. Alpha Randi wore a tuxedo jacket as if he had just come from a party. I wore a black hoodie, blue jeans and dirty black sneakers my go to ensemble as usual.

"Stop it! You're hurting me. Randi!" The alpha jerks my arm away and hollers, "Don't you call me that. Don't ever call me by that name, its alpha to you, to anyone who isn't my mate!" He points his finger at me.

"But... I, I am your mate!" I cry. Alpha Randi begins to laugh sadistically.

"You are not my damn mate," he looks at me with disgust. He walks closer to me. "Explain to me, exactly, how you a fucking human can be mated to a wolf alpha?"

I watch the surreal me across the creek stare into Alpha Randi's eyes with tears. "I don't know, but I felt something when we made eye contact tonight at the ceremony, and I know you felt it too. Everyone there even felt it. This is why you brought me here isn't it? Because I'm your mate!

I passionately say.

"You're not my mate!" He declared, he walks to the edge of the creek and looks ahead. My heart pounds rapidly against my chest. Alpha Randi appeared to stare at me and his wolf from across the creek. I move my eyes to the other me who runs to the alpha and grab his hands. The alpha looks away and yanks his arm from me.

"Don't touch me!" He shouts "Tell me you didn't feel that?" The other me says. "That you don't feel the connection when I touch you?" I mutter frantically.

The alpha stares at me for what seemed like an eternity, "I didn't feel shit." he finally replies.

My facial expression alters "That's why I brought you here. To let you now and soon everyone else will know that you are not my mat...." he stopped suddenly as if he choked on his words. "Are not my mate and I rej...." he tried to say again. His veins appeared visible in his neck, as he struggled to get the words out.

"You reject me." the other me finished for him. The alpha huffs out in frustration, trying nervously to calm down. He rub's the bridge of his nose. "Yes I do, but my wolf won't allow It." he then looks me straight in the eye. "But I want you to know that I love and will always love Camila," He says, as I cut him off, "But she isn't your mate!" I yell.

"Don't you every interrupt me again, human." he says aggressively. "I don't care if she isn't my mate. I love and if I could chose she'll be my mate instead of you. And yes I know that..." he pauses. "I have unfortunately been mated to you, and my wolf will always love you instead of Camila, but as long as I'm in control that emotion and feeling would only belong to my wolf. So just drop it, because I will." just as he finishes his words it seems as though time stood still.

I step back away from the wolf, the wolf turns around looking up at me with a taunting grin.

I scream.

My eyes suddenly shoot open and I stare blankly at the ceiling. Pulling the covers up over my head, I close my eyes, trying to force myself back to sleep. On the nightstand next to my bed the clock read 5:06 am. It was the same dream I have every night, since Alpha Randi took me out to the woods and all but clearly said he didn't love and want me as his mate.

I hate having this dream. Every night I have to be reminded of it, when all I wanted to do was forget it just like alpha told me too. Everyone told me that being rejected by the alpha wouldn't hurt; others even said it was impossible for a human to be mated to a werewolf.

'But I knew all of that was BS.

So I drift off back to sleep. At 7:40 am the alarm clock sounds startling me from my sleep, I jump up quickly removing the covers from over my body, I place both of my feet on the cold hardwood floor. I glance over at the clock once more; Cathy my adopted mother enters my room.

"Are you up yet?" she asked. "Why are you still sitting on the bed? "Get up and get dress, the watchmen need their breakfast." she exclaimed.

She walks over to my dresser, "Here put this on." she hands me a red plaid shirt. I grab it from her. "Good morning!" I say. She stops and looks at me and smiles "Good morning Leah, now get dress!" she loudly says, causing me to smile.

"Hurry down stairs for breakfast. The faster you eat the faster the poor watchmen can have their breakfast too."

Cast:
Leah- Chrishell Stubbs
Randi- Colton Haynes
Zayne- Fransisco Lachowski
Camila- Amanda Seyfried
Maria- Shay Mitchell