• eight •

Trey

"You look beautiful, by the way," I said to Kelly as we walked down the pathway to my car. "Even though you copied my style."

"Ummm no Trey, I thought we already established that you copied me" she replied, smiling. "But you look good, as always."

"Oh word?" I said, licking my lips and raising an eyebrow. "You think I always look good?"

"Never mind," she grumbled trying not to laugh. "Niggas can't even handle a compliment."

"Well if it's coming from you, of course I can't." I smirked. She rolled her eyes and smiled. That's her version of blushing, I swear.

"Remind me of the name of the restaur...bar...we're going to? I must've forgot!" She tried it. She must think she's slick.

"Nice try, baby," I chuckled. "You can't fool me. And plus, we ain't going to a restaurant or a bar."

"What?" she said, looking at me in confusion. "Where we going then? Just tell me, Trey."

"You'll see when we get there."

She let out the loudest groan and I couldn't help but laugh a bit. We reached my car and I held the passenger door open for her. "Such a gentleman," she mumbled sarcastically. Someone is frustrated with me.

I entered the car and started it. "Just be patient Kelz, jeez," I chuckled as I felt her glaring at me from the corner of my eye.

***

"Why we at the studio?" she asked in confusion, looking at me.

I smiled and exited the car, and walked over to the passenger's side to open the door for her.

"Are you gonna answer my question?" she continued. I looked at her and winked.

We entered the building and made our way to the front desk.

"Hi, I have a room reserved for 8:00," I said to the receptionist. She looked at her computer and began to scroll.

"Trey, right?" she said, looking up at me through her glasses.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Alright, three doors to your right. Have fun."

I thanked her and led Kelly to the studio room. As soon as I walked in there, I instantly felt at home. Any studio that I step into is like home to me. It reminds me of how much I love making music and how passionate I am about it.

I looked over at Kelly and smiled. She crossed her arms and glared at me. Man, if looks could kill, I would be in my casket right now.

"Alright, alright," I began, putting my arms up in defense. "I just thought we could come here and just vibe together. We both love making music, and I know there's a lot of things you have bottled up inside that you wanna express. And what better way to do that than through music?"

Her face softened and she looked around. "Damn Trey...that's really thoughtful of you. But, I don't have any songs prepared."

"That's okay. Just vibe with it. Make up random shit."

"Well..." she said slowly. "I actually do have a lil something."

"For real?" I replied.

"I...wrote it a few years back. I wrote it about...someone...and how I felt about them. And I think it still applies."

"You better get yo ass in that booth and spit it out!" I encouraged, nudging her.

"It's not that good," she mumbled. "Plus, I only have one verse and a chorus for it so far."