• nine •

Kelly
Friday, January 6

Lala, Kiyan, Bey, and Blue left early this morning, leaving me alone in my thoughts. They demanded me to call Trey so he can come over later.

I don't even wanna do this. It's just gonna be a waste of time. I don't care what they say, he doesn't feel the same way. But I need to get this shit off my chest. It's been bottled up for five years.

I sighed and dialed Trey's number. He answered after like the second ring. Damn he's quick.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said. His voice was all raspy as if he just woke up. It was sexy though.

"You must've been sleep for a while," I giggled. "Cause it's actually 1 in the afternoon."

"Oh shit," he mumbled. "Yeah I was tired. How are you?"

"I'm alright...I wanna see you again," I said quietly.

"You know I'm always willing to see you," he replied.

"When are you leaving Miami?" I asked.

"Well, I'm supposed to leave tomorrow," he began. Aw damn. If he leaves tomorrow, when will I even see him again? "But I mean if you want me to stay longer..."

"Just come over later, boy," I chuckled.

"What we gonna do?"

"Oh now you the one who's asking questions," I joked. "Nothing, I just wanna...talk."

"Fair enough," he said. "I'll come by at like 9 tonight."

"Bet."

"Whaaat? You using DMV lingo now?" he laughed. "You know that's my territory."

"Goodbye Tremaine," I said laughing, and we hung up.

***

Shit, it's 8:50pm and I look a mess. My hair was in a messy ass bun, I have no makeup on, and I'm wearing sweats. I look ridiculous.

I quickly searched in my closet for something cuter. I pulled out a pink silk crop top and matching shorts.

I don't have time or patience to fix my makeup and hair so I'm just gonna have to deal. Besides, this is my house, I ain't gotta get all fancy.

The doorbell rang about 10 minutes later. I was about to run to the door but I didn't wanna be all quick and desperate. I strolled down the stairs and slowly made my way to the door.

I opened the door and smiled. "Aww Trey, you got me a rose!" I gasped and grabbed it from his hand.

"Well damn, hello to you too," he chuckled.

"Sorry, thank you Trey," I said quickly and hugged him. I told him to sit on the couch and I went to go put the rose in a vase with water.

"Alright, so did you ask me to come here so you can tell me who the song is about?" he joked as I sat next to him.

"Ha," I chuckled. "You'll never let that go, huh?"

"I'll let it go once you tell me."

"Hmm...let me go get some drinks."

"Oh hell naw," he said. "Remember what happened last time? Let's talk, soberly."

"Ugh," I groaned. "Fine. Sooo there's this guy."