• twelve •

Kelly
Tuesday, January 10

Today was the day.

I must admit, leaving Miami is a bittersweet feeling, but it has to be done. I can't sit back and relax forever, I gotta face reality. And besides, based on these past couple of days, LA don't seem so bad compared to Miami.

"Kelly you ready to go?" I heard Trey say behind me. "You standing there like Will on the last episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."

"Why you always clowning me?" I groaned, trying not to laugh. That was lowkey funny, but I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction.

Bey and Jay had an early flight so they already left. Lala and Carmelo are meeting us at the airport. I'm honestly grateful that Lala decided to go back to LA with me. She talked to Carmelo about moving back to their house there and he was all for it. He said he was getting bored here and LA was where all the action is. Boy whatever.

Trey carried most of my bags with his and walked towards the front door. "You wanna take one last look around or you good? Or do you wanna take a picture? It'll last longer." he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and gave him the finger. He opened the front door and walked outside. I took one last quick look around the living room and sighed as I exited the house.

***

"Finally, damn!" Lala shouted as we arrived at our terminal at the airport.

"Bitch why are you screaming?" I groaned.

Luckily we all had shades and hoodies on, so people couldn't really recognize us.

"Y'all was taking forever. I thought the plane was gon leave without y'all."

"Bitch the plane boards in 7 minutes. We good," I chuckled. "Where Carmelo and Kiyan at?"

She nodded toward the further end of the terminal, where Carmelo was signing autographs for fans and Kiyan was watching.

"He never likes to disguise himself," she shrugged.

I shook my head and looked around me. "Hol'up where Trey went?"

"Oh he boarded the plane."

"Why you ain't tell me?" I scolded.

"Cause we was talking, duh," she replied simply.

I sucked my teeth and began to board the plane, and she followed me. We walked toward the first class seating. She took a window seat, saving the other two for Carmelo and Kiyan. I found Trey nearby and was about to scold him for disappearing on me, but noticed that he was sleeping. Aww my baby was tired.

I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

***

"Alright lovebirds, wake y'all asses up! We here," I heard Lala shout. It's always her, man. Always.

I cut my eyes at her and she giggled. I turned and looked at a very slumped Trey.

"Tremaine wake up," I mumbled, lightly shaking him. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned. I giggled and rubbed his cheek with my thumb. "Let's go, grumpy."