• twenty four •

Kelly
Friday, May 19

"Okay, Solange. Your arm is free but be careful. Try to avoid using it as much as possible."

I decided to bring Solange to her doctor's appointment to take her sling off. I thought this day would never come. Now she can stop complaining.

"Wait, what's the point of taking the damn thing off if I still won't be able to use my arm?" she pouted. Well, I spoke too soon. She still complaining.

"Well you can still use it, you just have to go easy on it so we can make sure it's healed properly," the doctor explained. "And you have to prepare for therapy, which starts on Monday." The doctor explained.

"Thera-what? Oh hell naw."

"She means thank you," I said to the doctor, rolling my eyes at Solange's foolishness. The doctor handed Solange all the necessary paperwork and she signed it quickly. We thanked the doctor and soon left the hospital.

"Them muthafuckas got me messed up," Solange said sucking her teeth. "They better fix my arm."

"Well if you want your arm to be fixed so badly, you're gonna have to rest it," I replied.

"It's been on rest for two weeks."

"Girl stop all that whining. You sound 10."

"Well since that's how old I sound, can you buy me some ice cream big sissy?" She said in a fake little kids voice.

I rolled my eyes. "We can get ice cream. But I'm not paying for yo shit. You got money."

"How would my 10 year old self have this money?"

"Hell I don't know, allowance," I shrugged, playing along.

I got into the driver's seat of my Range Rover and she slid into the passenger seat. As soon as she got in she immediately turned on the radio.

I side-eyed her. "Too comfortable."

She waved me off and switched through the stations. She stopped when she heard How Do U Want It by Tupac playing.

"Oh shit! Throwback!" she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes as she started rapping along.

"Relax with all that noise," I groaned.

"Oh please. You know you wanna rap along."

I ignored her and started my car, driving off to the ice cream parlor.

"How do you want it? How do you feel? Coming up as a nigga in the cash game, I'm living in the fast lane I'm for real." I started singing. I couldn't resist. This is my shit.

"AYEEE!" Solange exclaimed. "See, I knew it. Tryna act all modest."

"Shut up," I laughed.

We got to the ice cream parlor about 10 minutes later. We got out the car and people started taking pictures as soon as they realized who we were. We weren't bothered though, because it wasn't a lot of people and they weren't acting crazy. We took some pictures with fans and proceeded to walk into the store. Solange and I decided to share a large banana split, so that's what we ordered. I paid for it and we went to go sit at one of the tables outside.