• thirty seven •

Kelly
*Three months later*
Saturday, September 30

Let me catch y'all up on what's happened in these last three months. I'll start with what happened after the police left our house with Derek, Myra, and Ms. April.

We gave the police all of our evidence: the screenshots and emails from Casandra, the video from the restaurant, and a bunch of other shit. Since we don't want the public to know about this, the police hasn't really given us much information. The only thing they told us is that Derek and Myra have been convicted of many charges, including conspiracy charges. They're expected to be in prison for a long time, but the police won't tell us exactly how long. Ms. April will be serving time as well, but not as much as Derek and Myra. As for Casandra...I don't know what they're gonna do with her, and I honestly don't care.

Anyways, our lives have been an emotional rollercoaster because of this mess.

At first, Trey became really depressed. He became this whole other person for about a month. He wasn't the same upbeat, romantic Trey that I know and love. He barely left the house unless he absolutely had to. Even when he was in the house, he was really distant. I felt hopeless because no matter what I tried to do, I couldn't get him to cheer up. Regardless, I stayed by his side because I know he needed me. I cooked for him, sang to him, and showered him with hugs and kisses every single day. I felt like since he was betrayed by his own mother, I should show him my loyalty as his girlfriend.

Eventually, Trey started to get better. He slowly but surely went back to his old self, thanks to me. Chris helped a lot too. Yeah, that nigga was not gonna let Trey mope around for that long.

I guess you could say everything is back to normal now. Trey and I are back to being inseparable. He's been even more romantic and sweet lately, and I'm loving every bit of it.

But the best part about all of this is...I finally finished my album. It was the longest process ever. There were times when I wanted to give up and get rid of the whole thing. But with the support of everyone around me, I finally got it done. I truly feel like it's my best work. However, I have to give most of the credit to Trey. Without him, I wouldn't be at the point I'm at today. I don't know what I did to deserve such a good man, but I thank God for him everyday.

Let's fast forward to today...

My girls threw me an "album completion" party, so everybody's at my house right now

My girls threw me an "album completion" party, so everybody's at my house right now. Well, everyone except for Trey. Nigga been out all day and wouldn't even tell me where he was going. He said he would be back by now but he's not here yet.

"Big sis!" I heard Chris say, which interrupted my thoughts.

"Yes Christopher." I groaned, looking at him. He sat down next to me.