• twenty five: part two •

Kelly

"All five of these songs are my babies," I told Derek. "I'm keeping all of them."

He chuckled. "They're all great. You can keep them. Then maybe record like 10 more songs and you'll have yourself an album."

So yeah, as of right now I have five recorded songs that I think are album worthy. The first one is You Changed, which is what I recorded with Bey and Michelle back in January, when Michelle and I were fighting. The second one is called Love Me Til I Die, which is the first song I ever recorded with Derek. This was when Trey was in Virginia. The third one is This Is Love. That one just has to be on the album. The beat gets me every time and the song itself makes me think about Trey. Since then, I've recorded two other songs. One is called Down On Love and the other one is called Red Wine. I'm so glad everything is finally coming together.

{A/N: Yes I know these songs are from Talk A Good Game, and this story takes place a few years after that album came out. But just pretend the album didn't come out yet. Use your imagination. Remember, this is all fiction 😂}

But of course, I'm feeling really guilty about keeping this from Trey. I should've told him last night, and I was about to. But after he told me he was moving in, I just couldn't. As quick as he moved in, he could've ended things just as fast. I just didn't wanna see him mad. I need to work up the courage to tell him before things go out of hand.

"You good, Kels?" I heard Derek ask.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Oh nothing...just the songs," I lied.

"Oh okay. Well do you wanna do some more recording or you done for the day?"

"I--" I was about to start speaking when I heard the door fly open. I turned toward the door and saw...oh fuck.

"Trey..."

"So this is what we doing?" he chuckled, pointing back and forth between me and Derek.

"Wait Trey, let me explain--"

"Ain't nothing to explain Kelendria," he interjected. "I can see everything right in front of me."

"Tremaine. You don't have to do this," I whispered, standing up and walking over to him.

"Yes I do," he said. He sounded surprisingly calm, which scared me a little. "You wanna be stubborn and still work with someone I told you I didn't want you working with? Cool. But you should've told me that."

"Baby I wanted to tell you. I really did! But I didn't wanna get you upset."

He chuckled again. "I'm more upset that you lied to me. All you had to do was tell me that you were still gonna work with him. Hell yeah I would've gotten mad, but I would eventually get over it. I know you wouldn't do anything that you shouldn't be doing. I knew that I could trust you. But right now I don't even know if I can do that anymore. You went behind my back."

"Trey, I swear I didn't mean for it to go this far! Please know that I had no bad intentions. I told you I already made so much progress with Derek. I didn't wanna change producers because I didn't want this whole process to fall apart."

"Honestly Kelendria, I don't give a flying fuck about any of that right now."

For some reason, hearing those words made my heart sink. I really fucked up, and I'm mad that I'm just now realizing it. I sat back down and sighed as tears started to fill my eyes.