• twenty one: part one •

Kelly
Saturday, April 1

Spending time apart
Really helped me realize
You're my other half
Let our bodies reunite
When we are together
Yeah you know it feels like
It don't get no better
Just say it's forever...

A month and a half. 45 days.

That's how long it's been since Trey and I have been in each other's presence.

45 days is a long time when you're away from the person you wanna be around the most. It feels like a lifetime. I spend each day yearning to hear his voice. Wishing I was in his arms. Missing the feeling of my whole face lighting up whenever he came near me. His warm lips against mine. The secure feeling of being with someone you genuinely love.

All these feelings have been replaced by misery and confusion for the past 45 days. I can't stand being apart from Trey. He's all the way across the country and it's all my fault.

Tears filled my eyes as the dreadful events replayed in my head for what seemed like the thousandth time.

Flashback

"John." I said in a hushed but sharp tone. "I will raise hell up in this bitch, and this plane will crash and we will both die. Do not play with me right now. Where is Tremaine?"

John let out a deep, long sigh and shook his head. "Trey's gonna fire me for this," he mumbled.

"What's more important, your job or your life?" I said harshly. I honestly was just talking crazy. I'm not bold enough to cause a plane crash, but I will raise some type of hell if I don't get some answers.

"Alright, fine," he groaned. "I dropped him off in Petersburg."

"Petersburg? Petersburg...Virginia?" I could feel my face getting hot.

John simply nodded.

"When the fuck did you have time to do that?" I hissed. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Words couldn't express the mix of emotions running through my body.

"He asked me to do it while you were sleeping," he replied.

I clenched my fists and fought back the tears threatening to escape my eyes. How could he do this?

"He told me you were a heavy sleeper and that you would probably sleep through the whole flight, so you wouldn't even notice," John continued. "...I guess he was right."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yelled. "Why would you go along with this, John?!"

"He's my boss. I just do what he tells me," he shrugged.

"Shit!" I screamed, pacing back and forth.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Rowland. If I knew how upset you were gonna be, I wouldn't have gone along with--"

"He's a fucking coward!" I cried. "Why would he choose to run away from our problems instead of just talking through them? He didn't even give me a chance to explain myself!"