• sixteen •

Trey
Saturday, January 14

I've been sitting at this table for a whole 45 minutes waiting for this girl. I need to get this over with, so she better hurry up. As soon as this is settled, everything can run smoothly.

"Hey Tremaine," I was just about to get up from the table when I heard a voice chirp behind me. I turned around and sighed.

"You're almost an hour late," I mumbled.

"Sorry, traffic," she snickered. She sat down across from me and crossed her arms. "So what do you want?"

"I want you to stop calling my phone Janay."

"Why?" she scoffed.

"Janay we broke up weeks ago. Well, I can't even say 'broke up' cause we were never together. I already told you it was over."

"Nigga please," she snapped. "I know you probably broke up with me to get at Kelly. It's funny how you ended up in a relationship with her as soon as we ended things."

"I was never with you like that," I groaned. "Who cares why I ended things. I'm telling you it's over so stop calling my phone. You probably one of those females that can't take rejection so you try to break up relationships. I'm letting you know now that shit ain't gon fly with me."

"Get the fuck over yourself," Janay spat. "You wanna know why I kept calling your phone? I have a new man. I wanted to tell you over the phone instead of in person in order to avoid drama. And I'm not 'one of those females that can't take rejection so I try to break up relationships.' That's wrong of you to assume that just because we were fuck buddies. I ain't no hoe. I respect your relationship with Kelly even though it came very quickly. But don't try to make me seem like a bad person."

I sighed. I felt bad now for assuming. In the past, if I tried to break up with a woman for someone else, that same woman would come and try to ruin my new relationship. It was like a never ending cycle. But I see now that Janay isn't like that. This was easier than I thought it was gonna be.

"Look Janay," I took her hands into mine. "I'm sorry for assuming that about you. Thank you for not wanting to cause drama. When you kept calling me, I automatically thought that you wanted to harass me because you found out about me and Kelly. But I see that's not the case. I'm happy for you and your new relationship, and I wish you the best. We cool?"

She smiled and nodded her head. "Thank you Trey. I'm happy for you as well. I can tell that you and Kelly really love each other, I guess that's why you had to snatch her up as soon as possible. I hope y'all get married and have some beautiful babies. Yes, we are cool."

I quietly sighed a sigh of relief. I didn't expect this to go the way it did. I was expecting a drink thrown in my face, or maybe even a fist.

"Alright, I'ma let you get back to your man," I chuckled as I stood up. "Have a good rest of your day."

She stood up as well and I gave her a quick hug. "Go home to Kelly, playa," she chuckled.

Kelly

I was chilling in the living room watching re-runs of Scandal when I heard banging on my door. Who the fuck is pounding on my door, knowing damn well I have a doorbell?

I quickly walked toward the door and swung it open, ready to scream at whoever it was.

"What the fuck--" I stopped when I saw Lala and Bey standing there with unreadable expressions on their faces.