• twenty seven •

Omniscient POV
Sunday, May 21

She sat down and waited for her guests to come. She wasn't really expecting them, but when they called her frantically last night and told her they needed to discuss things in person, she thought she could make time for them. She walked over to her kitchen to pour herself a glass of wine. She took a sip, then proceeded over to the living room to sit on the couch. Like clockwork, her doorbell rang, indicating that her guests were finally here. She set her glass of wine on the table and strolled towards the door.

"Who is it?" she called out, even though she knew exactly who they were.

"It's us." They replied.

"Who's 'us'?"

She could hear them sucking their teeth through the door and she chuckled before opening it.

"Well well well, look who it is," she said with a smirk. "Come in, have a seat."

She quietly observed their faces

She quietly observed their faces. They looked defeated. They were trying to hide it but she could already tell.

"So what brings y'all here? What exactly is wrong?" she asked.

"...The plan isn't working Ms. April."

Mama April

"What do you mean the plan isn't working Myra?" I tried to ask calmly.

Yes, I am the one who set Myra and Derek against Trey and Kelly. I ordered them to break Trey and Kelly up. Didn't expect that, huh?

Let me explain. The truth is, when Kelly came here that day to get Trey, I already been knew about their relationship. I actually knew about it since the day it came out on all the blogs. When Kelly forced Trey to tell me that day, I pretended that I didn't know. I waited for one of them to call me back in January, but they never did. I was sad that they didn't tell me, but I wasn't surprised. My son never tells me anything anymore. I'm used to him being famous, but we barely have any heart-to-hearts anymore. He used to either call me or come home to visit all the time. And Kelly, she used to come here with Trey so often that she became a daughter to me. Trey knew that she was the only woman I wanted him to be with. So it hurt me when I had to find out about their relationship on the internet. I felt betrayed and I still do. So this was my way of teaching them a lesson.