Chapter 13 - More Good Times

Frankie

I wake up early this morning excited to go to church. I rush into the bathroom to get myself ready for the day. I already have my dress picked out and hanging on the door inside of the bathroom. After I get dressed, I make sure my hair is perfect, happy that the guys thought to let me get my hair done. I apply a little of the tinted chapstick that Ronnie suggested and grab my ratty bible and I'm headed down stairs.

I have to sit and wait for everyone else to get ready and I bounce in my seat. Finally, Cameron steps into the room, "Ready much?" He's smiling at my enthusiasm.

"I'm excited. I've never been to church before. There wasn't one within walking distance of my house, so I wasn't able to go." I admit.

He looks around and then drops a kiss on my lips, "I think it's adorable that you are excited about going to church. How do I look?"

He stands up and does a turn. He looks amazing in his black suit. His broad shoulders fill it out and it tapers down to his slim waist. His shoulder-length hair is pulled back neatly with a clip.

"You look very handsome," I say earnestly. He smiles and walks over to me hugging me.

"You look very pretty yourself."

"What about me? Don't I look pretty?" Dylan kids as he walks into the room.

"You look very pretty Dylan," I joke back. Cameron laughs as Dylan does a curtsy.

Rand walks into the room behind him, "I don't even want to know. Where's Ronnie?"

"Here I am," She walks into the room looking every bit the model. How can I look like that?

"Ready to go?" Cameron asks. I jump up ready to walk out the door. The guys all chuckle and I hear a small giggle from Ronnie.

Church was everything I thought it would be and more. I can't wait until next Sunday so we can go again. If I can find the time, I'll join a bible study group.

"How do you like it?" Rand asks grabbing my hand.

"I love it! We get to go every Sunday?" I ask. Rand nods and I'm ecstatic. They are all amused at my excitement.

They decide that we should go to lunch before we head home.

We end up at a little diner close to the church. It's crowded because everyone else at church is there also. We get there early enough that we don't have to wait for a seat. We have a very nice lunch and go back home. Ronnie packs her bags and after giving us all a hug, reminding me to call her, she leaves. I will definitely call her.

I decide that I need to go over my homework before class tomorrow. Rand comes with me so we can go over ours together. We make sure that the paper we have to turn in tomorrow is completely ready and pull out the bridge we built to make sure that there are no mistakes on it. Ashley and Nicole tried to get Rand's telephone number, but he refused to give it to them, so we are unable to call them. I'm happy and after tomorrow, we won't have to work with them anymore.

After Rand and I finish, Dylan makes his way in so we can go over our English homework to make sure it's right. Luckily, our professor was feeling a little lazy, and just assigned us a descriptive paragraph.

After dinner, we sit in the living room and watch the football game. Well, the guys watch the game. I read a book that I found at the dollar store the other night.

"What are you reading?" Dylan looks over my shoulder.

I turn red, "A romance novel."

"Really? What is it about?" I hand him the book so he can read the back of it. "Sounds interesting. Can I read it after you?" I look at him strangely and nod.

"We can talk about it after I read it. Okay?"

"Okay," I agree. My curiosity gets the best of me, "Why do you want to read it?"

He stands up and grabs my hand pulling me upstairs. He takes me to his room. I look around and it's very masculine. There are different shades of brown all around the room. It's not neat, but not messy either. He leads me over to a bookshelf. When I look closer, it's full of romance novels.

"You really like these? I thought you were just messing with me."

"I don't know why, but I'm addicted to them. When school is out, I read a whole lot more of them. Now that you are reading them, we can talk about them." He runs his hand through his hair nervously.

"Okay. I can't wait."

He looks relieved.

"You have a very nice room." I change the subject.

"Thanks. Come on." He grabs my hand, pulling me over to the bed. He presses a button and a television comes out of the bottom of it. "What do you want to watch?"

"Why do you all always ask what I want to watch? You know before I came here, I didn't watch television, let alone go to the movies." I shake my head, making a face.

"You just reminded me that we need to take you to a movie. We can do it tomorrow night." He starts looking to see what's on television so he can pick out a show.

"We can't tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow night." I'm reading the titles and descriptions on the television.

"I really need you to quit that job." He says.

"I have to support myself. I can't depend on anyone else to do it." I respond.

"You have us now. We'll take care of you. You don't know it yet, but we will." He kisses me on the side of my head pulling me back beside him and starts the movie.

Cameron

"What happened between you two?" Rand asks. He's too perceptive for his own good.

"What do you mean?"

"Something happened between you two during your midnight snack. You two are closer. I can feel it. What happened?" He repeats.

"We talked and then we kissed," I say in resignation. I really wanted to keep it between her and me.

A wide smile spreads across his face, "How was it?"

Now I'm smiling along with him, "Beyond any kiss I have ever received. Better than I could have imagined."

"I can't wait until it's my turn. I know it'll be great." He enthuses.

He's right. It is great.