Chapter 21 - The Real Story

Frankie

I come inside my room and change clothes when there's a knock on the door. I open it and my heart skips a beat when I see it's my guys. They look as haggard as I feel, but there's something in their eyes at seeing me.

I don't say anything, I just open the door and let them in. They look around and find a spot to take a seat. I sit down on my bed and wait for them to start.

"Sweetie. What happened? Why did you leave?" Cameron asks.

I sigh. Time for the truth. They're going to leave me anyway, so I may as well tell them. "I spoke with your father when I came out of the bathroom," I look over at Dylan, "He asked me if I love Dylan. I told him I do. Then he asked me if I could commit to only Dylan. He told me that he saw the way that you two looked at me when you didn't think anyone else was looking. I lied to him, but I realized that I'm in love with all of you and I can't pick between you. I left because I didn't want to ruin your friendship." I look them all in the eye. I'm not ashamed of my love for them.

They look at each other and Rand speaks this time, "We have a story for you. We just need you to listen, then ask any questions, okay?" I nod.

Rand starts, "All three of us grew up together from the time we were in diapers. We watched our fathers and our mothers cheat with each other and other people. As far as we know, we are all blood related. Being in a position of wealth like our family is, they want us to do the things that they do. After I caught my mother in bed with a man who wasn't my father when we were twelve, we decided not to be like them."

Dylan chimes in, "When we got older, our fathers tried to control us and tell us that we wouldn't get our inheritances if we didn't follow what they wanted. They had us date the trio and they wanted us to come to work for them when we graduated high school instead of going to college. They also wanted us to marry the trio and tried to make arrangements with their parents. We went along with what they said because we would have no way to go to college without them."

"Meanwhile, our grandfathers, who started the company, had regretted what they did to their son's lives and also considered how they turned out. They came to us and signed papers for all of our inheritance money to be in our control automatically when we turned eighteen. Without our father's knowledge." Cameron says.

"We broke up with the trio and started making plans for college. Our fathers tried to threaten us again, but we didn't listen and we didn't let them in on what we knew. We were at one of the last parties of the school year when one of the guys hands me a drink. I learned that night to never just drink anything that anyone gives you. I took a sip and the next thing I know, I wake up and Olivia has me in a bed trying to have sex with me. Evidently, it wouldn't rise for her even when I was passed out." Dylan takes a deep breath before continuing.

"She still tried to say that she was pregnant by me and my father tried to demand that I marry her right away, until I dragged her to the doctor's office and he took a blood test and told me that she wasn't pregnant. I walked out of the office and we left for college the next day. We haven't looked back."

"Which brings us to now or close to it," Rand says.

"We have always been attracted to the same type of girl. There never seemed to be enough of them to go around and when we all did find someone at the same time, something always went wrong or we found that they weren't the person that we thought they were. Or we found that they only wanted us for our money," Cameron says.

"So we decided that when we found someone who was genuine and we all could fall in love with her, we would share her," his voice dips a little at the end.

"Did you say, 'share me'?" I ask.

They all nod their heads. "We didn't want to scare you away and we wanted to wait to see if you would fall in love with us, before we told you that we are all in love with you. We should have told you before we went to our family's house for Christmas, so you would know how we feel." Cameron says.

"We love you and we want to be with you. Can you be with all of us?" Dylan asks, "We're not talking about just until. We are talking about forever."

They look at me expectantly while I take in what they just told me. They love me like I love them and they don't want me to pick between them. I can love all of them. I feel the warmth spread through my body as I absorb this news. The first genuine smile in two weeks starts to grace my face and I nod. All three of them rush over to me and hug me.

Dylan kisses me first, "Let's get you home. We've missed you so much."

"I've missed you all too."

They start packing my things and Cameron takes my keys, "As much as I don't want to be away from you, I'm going to the house to change the sheets on your bed. We didn't wash them because they smelled like you and we took turns sleeping in your bed," he's looking a bit sheepish.

It makes me happy because I know that they missed me as much as I missed them. I stand up and walk over to him putting my arms around his waist. I stand on my tip-toes and pucker my lips for a kiss. He meets my lips halfway and seals them with his. When we pull back, I whisper, "I love you." He whispers it back and walks out of the door.

"Do you want to take these covers and curtains?" Dylan asks.

"No. Just leave them. I just got a job here, what will the manager say when I quit?" I feel bad for leaving him.

"We'll take care of it," Rand says, grabbing me and kissing me, "I needed that. I've been waiting too long for a kiss from you." He sits me back down on the bed and put my shoes on my feet, "Come on Sunshine. Let's get you home." He grabs my hand and pulls me out the door with Dylan trailing and carrying my one piece of luggage.

When we get home, not only has Cameron changed my sheets, he ran a bath for me. They get me settled in the tub and unpack for me. When I finish with my relaxing bath, I come out and they are all waiting for me in my bedroom.

Rand pulls me on his lap, "We're glad that you're home. Please don't leave us again without talking to us first." I nod, feeling his soft kiss on my cheek.

"We'll all be sleeping in here with you tonight. That's why your bed is as big as it is. It's going to take us a little while to back off from you, so forgive our hoovering in advance," Cameron pulls me from Rand's lap onto his. His arms come around me and I tuck my head into his shoulder. We stay that way for a minute until Dylan pulls me into his lap.

"We love you Peach. Never doubt that. Never."

I nod feeling the holes in my heart filling up, "I love you too."

They get me settled in the bed and tell me that they'll be back after they get ready for bed. I settle in for the first goodnight's sleep that I will have in two weeks.

Rand

The door clicks behind us as we close it. I look at my friends and see the light come back in their eyes for the first time since she left. She's back now. We all release a breath that we've held since we found that she was gone and go to our rooms to get ready for bed.