Chapter 23 - Shopping, Ronnie Style!

Frankie

School starts on Monday and we groan at being forced out of our self-imposed solitude. Just like last semester, Rand and I have all of our classes together except one. This time I have history three-0-three with Cameron. He's happy that we have a class together and Dylan is feeling left out. I tell him that we can have lunch, just the two of us one day every week. That seems to satisfy him.

I'm relieved that I don't see Ashley and Nicole in any of our classes. I'm able to relax and enjoy our classes without them around. One thing that I am trying to figure out is why every engineering class that we've had so far has given us a bridge to rebuild. Can someone be original? We finish the bridge by the next class, even though it isn't due for two weeks. Our teacher thanks us and gives us another assignment.

I ask him why all of the classes start with the bridge. He tells me that it lets the teacher know how much the student has advanced. If the student does better each class, then they know who to move forward and who needs to retake a class. He explained to me that it's why a lot of our classmates seem to disappear.

Ronnie wasn't able to come down the next weekend like she said because Amy wasn't feeling well. She caught a cold and Ronnie didn't want to travel with her or leave her while she was ill. She had family obligations the next weekend and wasn't able to come. She arrived a few minutes ago and she's taking me shopping tomorrow morning.

"What are you favorite colors?" She looks around my room at the white walls.

"Yellow. Why?"

"Why don't we paint the walls yellow? We can get you a yellow comforter also and decorate it from there," she's still examining the walls.

"I like the white walls. I thought we would just get a couple of pictures for the room," I'm looking at her like she's crazy.

"Okay. We'll leave the walls white. Can we get a yellow comforter at least? You need to add some color to this room."

"Okay," I give in, "but I don't want to do too much to the room. I really do like it the way it is. You did a great job decorating it."

She bounces on the bed before she stands up, "We'll leave at ten a.m. Don't let any of them talk you out of leaving before then." I smile as I watch her walk out of the door.

As soon as she leaves, Dylan comes in, "What are you two doing at ten a.m. tomorrow?"

"She's taking me shopping to get some decorations for my bedroom," I lift my face to his as he presses a soft kiss to my lips.

"That's a good idea. You sound hesitant to make any changes. What's going on?"

"This is the nicest place that I've ever lived. I really don't want to change it," I inform him.

"That's not it. It's something else. You know that we're here for you as long as you want us, right?" His arm comes around me as he sits by me.

I nod.

"What does this room represent to you?" He lifts my chin so I can look into his eyes.

"It represents a new start. The white walls washes my past away and gives me a new beginning," I admit.

He mulls on what I just said for a few seconds, "Do you want to put pictures on the wall?"

"I don't mind that. I just don't want the color of the walls to change," I tell him.

He nods, "What about the bed covers? Do you want to change the color of those?"

I look at the white bedspread. I love it, but I do need to put some color in it. If I don't want to do the walls, I can do those. But I don't want a yellow bedspread. I'll look around tomorrow and see what I like. "I do. I'll have to look around and figure out what I want."