Chapter 43 - Congratulations Ronnie!

Frankie

The next couple of weeks are spent getting through finals. Now we are heading up to see Ronnie graduate from college. The drive is done quickly and we check into the same hotel where we always stay. We order room service and settle in.

"How do you think they are going to act towards us now that Sunshine has the Grandpa's overwhelming stamp of approval?" Rand muses.

"They will be kissing her ass," Cameron responds.

"I've been getting calls from everyone trying to get her telephone number. I stopped answering my phone," Dylan says.

"We've been getting them too. Watch out sweetie, they are going to be doing some serious ass-kissing while we're at the graduation. We'll try to keep you away from them as much as possible," Rand assures me.

"Yea. We'll be the anti-ass-kissing squad! Because we're the only ones allowed to kiss your ass. Even though our ass-kissing is literal," Dylan laughs at himself.

Their protectiveness when it comes to me makes me smile. After what happened a few weeks ago, I prefer it. I don't like being away from them for long periods of time. They've all been sleeping in the bed with me lately and being surrounded by them keeps my mind from wandering. We stay up for a little while longer and then go to bed.

We leave to go to Ronnie's graduation and I'm glad that it's being held inside. It's freezing out here. I bundle my coat around me and Cameron holds me close until we get inside. Dylan grabs my hand and we walk into the auditorium. We see Grandpa R waving in our direction, so we walk towards him.

We reach him before we notice the rest of the family with him. Natalie, Rand's mother sees us first. She approaches us quickly and take my hands, grasping them too tight in her clammy ones, "Francis! It's so nice to see you. I just wanted to be the first to thank you for that wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious!"

"You're welcome?" I try not to frown. Who is this woman and what has she done with Rand's mother?

Mary, Dylan's mother delicately shoves her out of the way, taking her place, "You must really give us your recipes sometime. I would love to learn how to cook like you."

I open my mouth a couple of times, because I really don't want that to happen, when Dylan peels me out of her grip, "Mom, let her go. We need to sit down because the ceremony is about to start." Thankful, I follow him to my seat. When I sit down, I'm surrounded by the Grandpa's behind me; Dylan and Rand on one side of me; Cameron on the other side, and Angel and Manuel is in front. Natalie, Cameron's mother is sitting beside him and repeatedly tries to get my attention until Grandpa R tells her to shut up so we can see the graduation.

The ceremony is beautiful. My guys and I jump up when Ronnie crosses the stage, clapping and whistling. Their parents stand up and clap stiffly. I'm stifling my laugh.

After the ceremony is over we go find Ronnie and go to what I guess is the nicest restaurant in town for Ronnie's celebration. When we walk inside of the reserved room, Amy comes running towards Ronnie, "Happy graduation Mommy!" She jumps in her arms and wraps herself around her, "I love you! Can we move now?"

I have to choke back another laugh as all of the parents get pinched looks on their faces. When they came up for Thanksgiving, they didn't even ask to see her house. For someone who's only interested in their own agenda, they certainly don't know anything about hers. I thought they wanted her to stay with them. I guess no one ever accused them of being smart.

We sit and I try to quietly eat my food, but the parents keep interrupting me. Finally, I stand up and take my food to a table out in the main dining room. Dylan, Rand and Cameron follow me. We sit down and eat in silence. When we finish, Dylan laughs, "Who knew getting your ass kissed would be so exhausting?" Rand and Cameron laugh and I just roll my eyes. Rand sends Ronnie a text telling her that we'll see her later and we head back to the hotel to relax.