Chapter 4 - More Time with the guys

Frankie

I walk back into the living room and the guys are sitting down picking out a movie while waiting for the pizza to come. I stand in the doorway trying to figure out what to do when Cameron notices me.

"Come sit down." He pats the seat beside him on the couch. I hesitantly walk over and sit by him. He gives me a small smile and goes back to discussing which movie they should watch.

I observe the room while they continue their discussion. I look down at the floor and notice that the furniture is sitting on a large southwestern style space rug. I look around at the shelving and the books on them. They are built into the wall complementing the room very well. There are other shelves with trophies and pictures on them. I look out a window and notice a lot of green and trees, when Cameron startles me.

"Why don't you settle our argument? What kind of movie would you like to see? Comedy or Scary?"

I shrug, "It doesn't matter to me."

"What kind of movie do you normally watch?"

"I haven't been to a movie since I was five years old and it was a cartoon."

Three sets of eyes are all of a sudden trained on me, "You haven't been to a movie since you were five? What have you done all of this time?" Dylan looks at me incredulously.

I look down with tears in my eyes. I can't tell them about my life, they won't want to hang around me anymore. So I shrug again.

I feel a hand on mine, "Sweetie, you don't have to tell us anything until you're ready, okay? We'll look at a comedy while we eat dinner and just hang out."

I look up and see Cameron's face in front of me. I nod and he reaches up with his other hand and wipe the tears that are threatening to fall. I nod and he sits back, putting his arm around me and pulling me to him.

The doorbell rings signaling the pizza has arrived. Dylan gets up and goes to answer the door, coming back a few minutes laden down with four pizza boxes and drinks. He sits them down on the table and walks out of the room again, coming back with paper plates and napkins.

They each grab a plate and start to help themselves. Cameron notices that I haven't moved and asks what kind of pizza would I like. I look at the selection, overwhelmed, and tell him to surprise me. He hands me a plate with three different flavors of pizza.

I take a bite of one and it's so good, the cheese, meat and crust mingles on my taste buds making me moan in appreciation. I take another bite and look up, discovering three sets of eyes on me. "What?"

"When was the last time you had pizza?" Rand asks.

I think back, "I haven't had pizza that wasn't frozen first in about five years." I take another bite of pizza as I notice them looking at each other although no one responds to me. We finish eating in silence with Cameron handing me one of the bottles of pop to wash down the pizza.

I sit back and Rand starts playing with the remote on the television. All of a sudden, the movie pops up. It's called, Inside Out and it's animated. I shrug and get comfortable. Cameron puts all of our plates away and sits back down on the couch, his arm going back around me. Feeling safe, I snuggle into him, watching the movie.

Cameron

I look down at her and she's asleep. She fits in my arms perfectly. Both of them were right, she's ours. She definitely belongs with us. I look up and see both of them looking at us.

Rand smiles, looking at her affectionately, "I told you."

Dylan adds quietly, "She's perfect."

"We need to be straight-forward with her, but we need to be careful what we say to her because she has to learn to trust us before she'll tell us about her life up until now." I murmur.

"I'm ready for her to move in with us now." Dylan matches my tone.

"We have to be patient. It'll happen soon." Rand says, "We just need to be open with her also."

I feel her move in my arms and we all freeze to see if she wakes up. When she settles back in, we sit back and watch the last half hour of the movie.