Chapter 38 - It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp

Frankie

I feel a little better by the time we get to the plane on Monday. I'm still uncomfortable if I make any sudden moves or bend too far in one direction. I need to watch myself when taking a deep breath also. That always brings tears to my eyes. The guys make sure I have pain medication in my system before we take off. We're all hoping that it won't hurt too badly when we do.

The plane ride was nice. After grandpa and I talk, I sleep for the rest of the flight. When I wake up, Dylan is beside me holding my hand, "We're here Peach. You slept through the landing."

"What time is it?" I yawn.

"Eleven am. We're going to check into the hotel and then meet Mabel at the diner at one pm to get the paystubs," his thumb strokes the back of my hand soothingly.

When the plane taxi's to a stop, he helps me out of my seat and we leave the plane. All of our bags are loaded into the trunk and we get into the limousine, getting comfortable in the seats.

We make it to the hotel and again, they have awed me. We have the top floor. The guys and I have a suite with three bedrooms. Grandpa has the suite to the left of us and we are connected by a door and Manuel has the room on the right side of us which is also connected by a door. We get settled into our rooms quickly and leave immediately so we can meet Mabel on time.

We pull up to the diner and find that it's a shell. The burnt out building stands out on the corner in place of what used to be a fifties style diner. Mabel standing outside with Ace looking around.

Cameron helps me out of the car and I hurry over to her as quickly as I can without making myself cry. Cameron is close on my heels.

"When did this happen? Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine. This just happened yesterday. The fire department tells me the fire was arson and they are investigating further. I didn't get the paperwork you needed before it happened. I didn't even think to put them in the safe. I'm sorry," devastation is written all over her face.

"No problem Mabel. We'll go to the bank and get it," I tell her.

"I already called them this morning and they should have it for you by the time you get there in another hour." She looks me over, "What did he do to you now child?"

"He tried to get me to sign over the money that he's trying to sue me for. He cracked a couple of ribs and I got quite a few bruises and cuts. Now I'm just dealing with the rib pain." I explain.

She lifts my chin gently and looks at my face, turning it from side to side. "You look happy. I'm glad for you. You deserve it."

"Thank you," I give her a small smile and turn to Ace. "How are you?"

"I'll be better when they find who did this. I will take care of them myself. Although I think we know who did this," he nods his head up the street to where my sperm donor and carrier are looking down the street at us about six houses up.

"Are you going to rebuild?" I ask Mabel.

"I don't know. It depends on how much the insurance company pays."

Grandpa steps up, "Here is Manuel's card. If you have trouble with the insurance company or they don't give you enough to rebuild, give him a call. We'll take care of you."

Manuel steps up and shakes her and Ace's hands, "If you need anything, give me a call."

"Thank you, but why are you doing this?" Mabel asks.