Chapter 19 - Christmas With The Cranks Pt. 2

Frankie

After Dylan's father calls him out of the room. Rand and Cameron's father do the same. I sit back looking around the table and only the women are here. The trio are shooting me dirty looks and whispering to each other and the mothers are pointedly ignoring me. Ronnie hurries over and sits by me, "How are you doing?"

I shake my head. "You're holding up really well. There's not much time left. You'll be out of here soon." She reassures me.

"Soon can't come soon enough." We both giggle at my sentence relieving some of my stress.

"You got the guys tickets to a Jets game for Christmas?" she asks. I nod.

"Dylan texted me while you all were getting your bags. He is really excited about the game. They are looking for the person who bought the ticket next to them so you can go. You hit the nail on the head with that gift." She tells me. A small feeling of pride comes over me.

The nanny walks in the room over to us and tells Ronnie that Amy is asking for her. She excuses herself and follows the nanny out of the room. As soon as she leaves, the trio comes over and sits by me.

"He'll never marry you," Olivia snarls.

"Who?" I ask.

"Dylan. He's mine. Our parents have been arranging out marriage since we were born. It's the same for Rand and Cameron," She says.

"So?" I ask. They are taken aback by my answer. Maybe they thought I was going to cry or something. I'm hurt, but I don't give them the satisfaction of letting them know they got to me.

"You don't deserve him. You're not good enough for him," Leah growls. I put down my head at the attack. I just want them to go away. I still school my face into a blank canvas, because I don't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing that they got to me.

"I've already had him once. He'll be back after he gets what he wants out of you," she goads. I start taking deep breaths.

"What are you three doing?" Dylan steps up and puts a hand on my shoulder. I feel better immediately.

"We're just having a chat with your girlfriend. She's very nice," Olivia says. The other two nod in agreement.

"We have you all together and no one is in here but us, so I'm going to say this once. If you have done anything to hurt my girlfriend. I will ruin you in this county. Not a guy within a hundred miles will come near you let alone touch or marry you. I bet you told her that we slept together once." She looks at him defiantly.

"Did you tell her that you drugged me and tried to get pregnant by me?" Her eyes shoot to his.

"You didn't know that I knew that did you? Keep on and I will tell that story to everyone who will listen." He taunts her. She and her friends stand up quickly and move back to their spots at the table.

They sit down around me, "Are you okay sweetie?"

I nod. "Only another hour and we can leave okay?" Rand soothes. I nod again.

We move into yet another large room where they serve drinks again. When we are ready to leave, I decide to go to the bathroom again. Also, Amy wants to see me before we leave. Dylan takes me to the bathroom closest to her room and shows me how to get to Amy's room after I leave the bathroom.

I take care of my business and come out of the bathroom after washing my hands. I run into Dylan's dad.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me." I go to move around him.

He steps in front of me again, "What makes you think that you are good enough for my son?"

"He likes me and I like him," I tell him.

"Do you love my son?" he asks.

I answer honestly, "I do. With all of my heart."

"I see how the other two look at you also. Will you be able to be totally committed to my son and my son alone?"

Even as I answer the question I know that I can't pick between them, "Yes. I can."

He narrows his eyes at me for a second and says, "I'll be watching you. I just want to warn you, if you can't completely commit to him, then you need to leave him or you will hurt him and his life-long friendships." He turns on his heel and walks away. I stand there for a minute, collecting myself. Can I pick just one of them? I love all of them and I won't pick one, leaving the other two and ruining a life-long friendship. I can't do that to them. I put on a happy face and go into see Amy.

"Frankie! It took you so long to come and see me! Are you going to spend the night here?" She gives me a big hug.

"Hi Peewee! I missed you! What did you get for Christmas?"

I sit and listen to her show me each gift and explain to me what it is and what it does. She is so adorable and I enjoy my time with her. When it's time to leave, I give her a hug and promise to visit again.

The guys escort me out to the car and when they get in the car, they all let out a breath that they've been holding since this morning. I instantly relax also. The ride to the hotel is quiet. By silent agreement, we all get ready for bed and come in the living room to sit on the couch to watch a movie before we go to bed.

I'm on Cameron's lap and Rand is rubbing my feet while we watch Pitch Perfect on the movie channel. I'm slightly relaxed by the end of the movie.

I'm in the bed with Rand, wide awake again. I try to stay as still as possible as to not wake up Rand. "Sweetie, I really need you to get some sleep." He mumbles. He starts to rub my back, "It's over. Now relax." I snuggle into his shoulder as he rubs my back in soothing circles. I finally drift off.

The ride back home was done in silence. Everyone seems to be inside of their own heads. We get home and settled and then meet downstairs. We open gifts, laugh and have a good time. I savor these moments with my guys. When it's time to go to bed, I request to be alone tonight. They all grumble, but obey my wishes.

I pack my things and leave all of the gifts on the dresser except for the bracelet with a note. I creep out the door and get in my car. The tears are rolling down my cheeks as I drive away.

Rand

I hear a click and I get up to investigate. I walk into Frankie's room and she's not there. I turn to go downstairs when I see our gifts sitting on the dresser with a note. I pick it up and read it:

I'm no good for you all

I'm not good enough for you all

Thank you for everything you have done for me.

I love you all.

Frankie

"Cameron! Dylan!" I yell. They both come running in the room, looking around. "She's gone." I hand them the note and they both read it.

"Where did she go?" Dylan asks holding his chest like he's trying to hold his heart together.

"I don't know. We need to find her." Cameron panics.

"I told you that we needed to tell her how we felt before we went to that dinner. Someone got to her." I accuse.

"I was wrong about that. Crap. Would you have any idea of where she would go?" Cameron asks.

Dylan dials her telephone number and it goes straight to voicemail. "We should have put a tracker on it."

"Let's get some sleep. She can't have gone far. We start classes in three weeks. We'll find her and bring her back home." I tell them.

Dylan nods grabbing his chest again and leaving the room. Cameron gives a grim look around the room and walks across the hall into his room. I get into her bed and inhale her scent until I go to sleep. I hope we find her soon.