Chapter 18 - Christmas With The Cranks

Frankie

We settle into the luxurious suite that Dylan reserved for us. I'm looking around in awe. I've never been anyplace this nice. The nicest place that I've ever been is the guy's house and I live there now. Life can't get any better than this.

We're sitting in the living room watching television, discussing dinner options, when there's a knock on the door. Cameron gets up and answers it, "Hey Ronnie." He gives her a hug.

She comes further into the room and all of us stand up and gives her a hug. "They know that Frankie is coming and they are not happy. Please tell me you have a plan."

"We can't leave her alone at all. Even if she goes to the bathroom, one of us have to go with her," Dylan states, "Sweetie, we really need you to stay with one of us. We don't know what they will try to say or do to you."

I have to ask, "I know that I wanted to meet your families, but why did you bring me if it was going to be this bad?"

"Two reasons, we want to show you how proud of you we are and to show them that we are not going to do what they expect us to. The only time that they ever paid any attention to us was when they wanted something from us. When we came into our inheritances, they decided to try other tactics. I was really hoping that we would have a peaceful holiday." Rand sighs.

"I'll be over in the morning to help you get dressed, okay?" Ronnie asks. I nod my head, more nervous than ever.

"It'll be okay sweetie, we'll try our best to keep you out of the line of fire," Cameron's arms come around me holding me to him. I really hope that they can.

Of course I don't sleep at all due to my nerves. "Sweetie, it'll be okay," Cameron mumbles in my hair after I flip-flop in his arms all night long. "Close your eyes and get a little sleep. They'll be easier to handle if you have some sleep." He rubs my back soothingly.

I finally close my eyes and start to drift off when the alarm to get up goes off. I start to get up when Cameron pulls me back down, "Lay here for a minute. We'll come and get you when it's time for you to wake up." I nod and try to drift off again.

"Come on Frankie, time to wake-up," I open my eyes and see Ronnie looking down at me.

I sigh, "It's time?"

"Unfortunately, yes," she grabs my arm and pulls me up out of the bed.

"What time is it?"

"Eleven a.m."

"What time do we have to be there?" I ask.

"One p.m. Cocktails first. Then opening gifts and then dinner. Hopefully, you all will be out by seven p.m." She grimaces, "Go take a shower and when you finish, we'll get you dressed." She pushes me towards the bathroom.

After I finish showering and getting dressed, we walk out into the living room. The guys stand up and look at my purple dress that goes with my purple hair. She styles my hair in waves down my back to my waist and puts a touch of make-up on my eyes and lips. I'm wearing a pair of purple and white low pumps.

"You look gorgeous, sweetie," Cameron says.

"You do," Dylan agrees. Rand doesn't say anything. He walks over and stands in front of me. His eyes are sad as he kisses me on the cheek. I'm really scared about what's going to happen today.

We head out to the SUV and Ronnie goes to her car. We follow her to the house and as we pull up to the gate, my eyes get wide. This house is humongous. I get even more nervous. Dylan is holding my hand and notice me shaking.