Chapter 10 - New Experiences

Frankie

I wake up feeling a hand on my back. I can tell that it's Dylan because I feel the sparks that I usually feel when he touches me. I turn my head around and look into his twinkling blue eyes.

"Good morning." His voice, husky from sleep and a little playful comes to me.

"Morning. When did you come in?"

"Ronnie needed one of our rooms, so I volunteered mine." His hand moves to my lower back.

"If I took her room, I'm sorry. I'll go find a place to stay so she can have her room back."

"No, it's not like that. She doesn't live here. She rarely stays here, but she was here a little late last night and I wanted my night with you, so I volunteered. Is that okay?" He starts to sound a little unsure.

"It's fine. I just don't want to put anyone out," I tell him.

He pulls me closer until we are laying face to face with his arm around me and his other one tucked under his head, "We are so glad that you are here and now that you are, we aren't going to let you leave. You're stuck here forever!"

"Forever?"

"As long as you want to be with us. We really want you here," he affirms.

"Okay," I smile at him, feeling hopeful. "What time is it?"

He turns away from me and looks at his phone on the nightstand, "six a.m."

"I'm going to get dressed," I move to get out of the bed.

He grabs my arm, "Where are you going?"

"I'm making breakfast." I walk into the closet to get one of the new outfits that they bought for me, then I go to the bathroom. I shower, get dressed and comb my hair, noticing that it'll need a touch up soon. I walk back into the bedroom, seeing that Dylan has gone back to sleep.

I pad barefoot down to the kitchen and look around for the ingredients to make a breakfast casserole. After I find those, I look around for the bowl to mix them in and a pan to bake them in. I find that the kitchen is well organized, so finding what I need is reasonably easy.

I put the pan in the oven to cook, set the timer and start to wash the dirty dishes when I feel a pair of hands on my waist. I jump and scream, turning around and looking into Rand's amused eyes, "You scared the crap out of me. Why didn't you say anything?"

"You looked like you were deep in thought," he grabs the dish sponge from me, "You cooked, the least I can do is clean the dishes."

"You guys are letting me stay here, the least I can do is pitch in some." I rebut.

He smiles sweetly at me, "We want you here, so it's no problem at all."

He starts to wash the dishes. I pick up the dish towel to start drying the dishes after they are rinsed off.

The aroma of breakfast starts to permeate the kitchen, floating into other areas of the house. Rand and I chat quietly after the dishes are finished. Rand shows me where the dishes and silverware are located and we set the table in the dining room for breakfast.

I take the food out of the oven when the timer goes off and sit it on the middle of the table. Rand follows behind me with a pitcher of orange juice and water.

Right about the time that we finish putting breakfast on the table, Cameron, Dylan and Ronnie walk inside the dining room.

"What smells so good?" Cameron asks.