Chapter 34 - Vacation: Summer Style

Frankie

After we get dressed this morning, we call Ronnie and put her on speaker phone so everyone can hear and talk.

After the greetings, I ask, "Has Amy come back yet?" That's the most important thing to me.

"She'll be home in about an hour," she sounds anxious. I know she's worried and will stay that way until she sees her in the flesh.

"How did they get her away from you?" Dylan asks.

"I put her down for the night and then went down to the living room to look at TV. Cook brought a drink out to me like she always does, but the next thing I remember, I'm in my bed and its morning. They must have drugged me and took me up to bed, then took her." I hear her sigh across the line.

"So we can add drugging and kidnapping to their list of offenses. What did they say when you asked them where's Amy?" Rand asks.

"They told me that she's going to be gone for a few days because they need to talk to me. They then told me that I will not be moving when I graduate, I will stay home and work at the firm counseling people for their cases that involve the type of abuse that I received," she's starting to sound pissed now.

"So they have come up with an idea to make money off of you. That's why they are so adamant now when they couldn't have cared less before. We have the whole summer to come up with a plan. We may have to call in the grandfather's," Cameron says.

"I thought your grandfather's were dead," I'm confused.

"Only mine Peach. The other two are still alive. They told us if we need anything to come to them, but don't make it a habit. If we go through our fathers for anything, they always want a favor in return. We've only gone to the grandfather's once before and saw what happened. We reserve that power until we really need it," Dylan kisses me on the side of my face and entwines my fingers in his.

"I see them pulling up. I'll see you all next week. Talk to you later," Ronnie tells us.

"We'll talk to you later. Give Amy a kiss for us," Dylan disconnects the phone. "If we don't come up with anything before school starts, we'll pull in the grandpa's."

Everyone agrees. "When do we leave?" I ask. They have shipped all of our clothes down there already. They'll be at the house when we get there. We will all only have a carry-on as luggage. Works for me.

"We leave on Sunday," Rand responds. That's two days away.

"What are we doing until then?"

"We have to close up the house. We have to empty the refrigerator, have the mail redirected for the next two months, make sure every things locked up and a few other things," he informs me.

"What are we going to do right now?" I ask.

"We are going to have some lunch and then relax," Cameron tells me.

"Okay."

The next couple of days go by quickly with us closing the house. Before I know it, we're on a plane to Florida. Ronnie and Amy will be down in a couple of days.

I look around outside of the airport and it's beautiful. It reminds me of Hawaii a little bit except the mugginess is a little thicker which is funny since Hawaii is an island.

My nose is pressed to the glass of the limo as we head towards our house. I look at the palm trees and the buildings all around as they fly by. I turn to the guys who are all looking at me indulgently and ask, "How long until we get there?"