Chapter 8 - What The...

Frankie

I wake up next to Cameron feeling refreshed. I slept better last night than I have since before the accident when I was five. I look over at him and his sparkling green eyes are studying me with such tenderness.

"How did you sleep last night?" He whispers.

"Very well." I whisper back with a smile.

"Don't burden yourself with this alone, always call one of us and we'll come running." He runs his finger along my cheek. I nod.

"Go get ready and I'll sneak out. Rand will be waiting for you when you come out since you have class today." He gets up and put on his clothes. I study his broad, muscular back. He slides his shirt over his head and pulls his hair out of the collar. He looks really good. If I don't watch myself, I may fall for him.

When he sneaks out, I go to the bathroom and get ready for my day. When I walk outside the door of my dorm, Rand is waiting for me just like Cameron says.

"Good morning!" He gives me a hug.

"Morning."

"Ready to go to class?" He asks. I nod. He grabs my backpack and my hand leading the way.

"Why didn't you tell us about your nightmares?"

"Because I didn't want to worry you." I walk with my head down.

He stops and I run into the back of him. He turns around and gently lifts my chin until I look into his eyes, "Anything, I mean anything that you need, come to us. If you need to talk. If something is bothering you. Even if you don't like the color of your socks, tell us. We want to be here for you."

"Okay." I agree.

"Are you just saying that or will you really come to us?"

"I will really come to you. You have to realize that even though I had people in my life who helped me, I still had to depend on myself most of the time. It's going to be hard to remember, but I will come to you."

He looks at me for a second and seems satisfied with my answer. He grabs my hand again and we go to class.

Our teacher was so happy with the bridges and improvements that were made by everyone, that he is having us build our own bridge now. He gave us very narrow specifications for the bridge and gave us a month to finish it. The down side is that he has us working in teams of four instead of two.

We walk into class and take our seats. Our partners join us. Two glamour girls whose names are Nicole and Ashley. They sit on either side of us, "Do you think that he's going to let us work on our project during class today?" Nicole asks, putting her hand on Rand's arm.

"We'll see," Rand removes his arm from her hand and puts his other arm around me.

Ashley gets a look on her face like she's the cat who got the cream, "Who are those other two guys that you always look cozy with on campus?"

I choke and Rand asks her, "What guys?"

"There's a dark-haired one with blue eyes and one who has long brown hair and green eyes." She says smugly.

"Why are you telling me this?" he asks.

"She's your girlfriend, and she's cheating on you," Ashley looks smug again.

"Did I ever say flat out that she's my girlfriend?"

Both of them shake their heads starting to look unsure. "Then my suggestion to you is to mind your own business and not ours." They both look down until the teacher comes in. He tells us that we can use this period to work on our bridges. So we get our things together and go to common area of the school. We've done all of the paperwork, so we just need to finish building our bridge.

Four Makes One (Book 1)(Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara