Chapter 40 - Enjoying the Wedding

Frankie

We move into our house in the next couple of weeks. I find bedroom sets for all of the bedrooms and curtains for the windows. When we were picking out the beds and bedding, I was informed that I get the master suite and will get the master suite in every house that we live in because my room will be used the most out of everyone's.

The rest of the house is empty, but they tell me that we'll fill it up before we know it. We just have a lot going on right now. After we make sure that we have the things we want out of the old house and have it cleaned, they put it on the market and it sells in two days to a family who just relocated from Texas and won't really have time to furnish a house. They love the house.

Everyday after classes and homework, we are out looking for things for the house. In the next couple of weeks, we get a couch, tv and dishes and pots and pans. We decide to hold off on anymore decorating until after we get back from the wedding. We do go shopping one more time so I can get a dress for the wedding. It's a plum colored, A-line/Princess sweetheart Asymmetrical chiffon evening dress. It's strapless and hangs down to my ankles in the back. I find a bolero jacket that goes perfectly with it and a full length black winter coat to go over all of it.

We pack and leave for the wedding the Friday before. We pull up into the same hotel that we stayed in last Christmas. I shudder a little from the memory. "Sweetie, it's different this time. Don't worry." Cameron comforts me. I nod a little. On the bright side, we are in a different suite than we were the last time. It's even decorated differently. It's just as plush as the first one, but it looks completely different. After we unpack, we decide to go out to dinner and I call Ronnie to see if she can go with us.

"I wish I could, but I have to stay around and cover my 'maid of honor duties' as my mother puts it. I'll see you tomorrow," she sounds like she's frowning over the phone.

"I understand. Have fun! Take pictures and videos of the bride and her henchmen doing something embarrassing," I instruct.

"Oh, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. I won't be getting drunk now."

I giggle, "I'll see you tomorrow. Give Amy a kiss for me." We disconnect and the guys are looking at me. "She can't come. She has to hang out with the trio tonight and do her maid of honor duties. I told her to tape them drunk and let us see it."

They laugh. "I really don't want to see them in any context, but it will be wonderful to have that on them. Maybe she can put it on Youtube or something," Rand says.

"Let's go. We're going to take you to our favorite restaurant here," Dylan says. We set out and I expect them to take me to some fancy restaurant, so I'm surprised when they pull up to what looks like a high-school hangout. As a matter-of-fact, that's exactly what the restaurant is called. I read it on the big sign out front and laugh.

"We walk inside and it looks like a high school hang out. There are booths all through it and there are a few table and chairs. Each table and booth are different colors to represent different schools. I know this because there are newspaper articles, school jackets, school banners and a lot of other things that have to do with the schools. There's even a statue of a bear in the corner with a letterman's jacket on it. I'm assuming one of the school's mascot is a bear.

We find a booth in the corner and a server comes to the table. "Hi. What can I get you?"

"Alison? You don't recognize us?" Dylan says.

She looks up and really looks at us, her face lighting up in recognition, "If it isn't Dylan, Rand and Cameron! How are you guys?"

"We're doing great! How's it going? Still dishing out advice to the high school crowd?" Cameron asks.