Chapter 6 - See You Later

Frankie

I slowly come awake and remember where I am at. I'm in the most comfortable bed with three of the hottest guys in the rooms across and down the hall from me. I stretch and reluctantly get out of the bed padding into the bathroom. After I take care of business, I get dressed and after cleaning up and making the bed, go downstairs.

Rand is already up and making breakfast. He looks up as I walk in the door, "Good morning Sunshine! How are you today?"

"Well rested, thank you. That was the most comfortable bed ever." I sit down at the counter and watch him cook.

"I'm glad that you liked it. How do you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled hard." I watch as he puts bacon, scrambled eggs and potatoes on my plate and my stomach growls.

He smiles and sits the plate in front of me with some silverware, "Enjoy." He makes himself a plate and sits beside me. We eat in silence, savoring the breakfast that Rand made. I can't remember the last time someone cooked for me.

"How do you like it?" His voice is quiet in the silence of the kitchen.

"So good. Thank you so much." My mouth is full of eggs.

"I smell breakfast! Did you make my toast?" Dylan bursts into the kitchen followed by a more sedate Cameron.

"Your toast is in the oven along with the rest of your breakfast." Rand rolls his eyes.

"How are you this morning? Did you sleep well?" Cameron's hand rubs my back as he looks at me.

"I'm doing great and I slept very well, thanks."

"I think you should spend the day with us and stay the night again tonight." Dylan says around his food.

I smile, "I have to go back tonight. I need to get ready for the week."

"Then you can come back." He insists.

I shake my head, "I can't. I start work tomorrow."

All three of their heads whip towards me. "How are you going to work a job and go to school? I saw your schedule and you are carrying two extra classes." Rand asks incredulously.

"I have to be able to take care of myself. I have expenses," I defend myself.

I feel Cameron's hand on my back, "If you need anything, you can ask us. We can give it to you."

"I'm sure you can, but I have to do this for myself." I make eye contact with all of them. Dylan looks sad, Rand looks like he wants to say more, but doesn't and Cameron looks compassionate.

"When do you have to work?" Rand asks.

"I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday's from four to midnight."

"Where do you work?" Cameron's asks.

"The Engineering library." I respond.

"Hm. I didn't know it was open that late." Dylan asks. I nod.

"Okay. One of us will be there to meet you every night you work so we can make sure that you get back to the dorms safely. Is that okay?" Cameron asks.

I look around at the pleading faces around me and agree. For the second time since I've been here it seems like they exhale in relief. They talk me into staying until after dinner. We watch some television, play some games and even do some homework.

When I finally say it's time to go home about seven p.m., they all protest. I don't want to leave them either, but I know that I have to.

They all walk me to the door. "I'll see you guys later. Thanks for letting me stay last night." I tell them.

"It was our pleasure. Anytime you need to just let us know," Dylan says.

"Make sure you call me when you get home," Rand says. The other two guy's eyes swivel towards him and then me.

Cameron puts his hand out, "May I put my number in your phone?" I nod and hand him my phone. I watch him put his telephone number into it and hand it to Dylan, who puts his phone number in it before handing it back to me. "Call me so we can have your phone number."

I press his telephone number so it can ring. When it rings, I hang up.

"Make sure that you text us when you get home." Dylan says.

I nod and turn to leave. Dylan grabs me and gives me a hug, kissing me on the top of my head. Cameron and Rand follows suit. I leave the house, not really wanting to leave them and get into my car. I get settled into my seat and look at the door. All of them are looking at me waiting for me to leave.

I pull off and head back to the dorm.

Rand

We watch as she pulls off and leaves before we close the door. I look into my friends faces and see the same thing that I feel. We didn't want her to go. She is truly a part of us, even if she doesn't know it yet.

"We've got to get her here permanently." Dylan says.

"I know," I agree, "Is there anything we can do to make that happen?" I turn to Cameron.

"This is one thing that she has to need or want for herself. We can't force it to happen. She also needs to trust us more in order to want to stay here on a permanent basis. We need to be patient and spend as much time with her as possible. When the time is right, she'll move in." Cameron assures us.

All of our phones chime and we eagerly look down at the text from Frankie telling us that she made it back to the dorm. We all text our goodnights and go to our rooms. I know that they are spending the evening worrying about her just like I am.

a\��Ӆ�%