Chapter 24 - I'm Fine

Frankie

Rand carries me into the bathroom sitting me down in the vanity chair. He starts a bath for me, putting the bath bubbles in and letting it fill up. He turns to me and takes my coat off, sitting it on the floor. Then he takes off my shoes and socks, laying them beside the coat.

He sets my towel on the table beside the tub and puts my shampoo and conditioner there also. When the tub fills, he tells me to get undressed and call him back in after I'm in the tub. I do as he says and call him when I'm in the tub.

He pulls the chair over to the tub and sits facing me, "Are you okay Sunshine?"

I nod, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have beat them like that, but when I saw him hit Ronnie, I lost it."

"Don't apologize. You saved yourself as well as Ronnie. I'm just glad that you're not hurt. Except for your knuckles of course," he chuckles and leans down pecking my lips.

He sits back up looking directly in my eyes, "I do want to know if you feel like you need counseling to deal with your life before you came here."

I shake my head, "My past life has made me the person that I am today. I now know that there's another facet to my personality and will just have to watch it. I have you guys now and Ronnie and I'll be fine."

He smiles and nods, "Okay." He reaches behind my head and pulls the band out of my hair, letting it fall around me, "I'm going to wash your hair. Move over here. He helps me adjust my body so I'm by the faucet in the middle of the tub. He turns on the water adjusting it, then takes the sprayer out of its spot and uses it to wet my hair.

He has me tilt back my head and puts the shampoo in my hair lathering it through. My eyes close and a small moan leaves my mouth as his fingers massage my scalp. He leans down and gives me a quick kiss before rinsing out my hair with the sprayer again. He washes my hair again, before conditioning it. He leaves me telling me to wash my body and get out of the tub.

I do what he says and when I get out, there's underwear and some sweats waiting for me on the counter. When did he bring that in here? I smooth lotion on my skin and get dressed and call him back inside. He goes into my drawer and pulls out a comb and starts combing out my hair.

"I love your hair. As long as it is, it feels so soft in my hands." He completely combs it out and the pulls out the blow dryer and adjusts me in the chair while he blow dries my hair. When he finishes, I'm ready to fall asleep.

"You have a little while before you can go to sleep," he continues to tend to me. He pulls out the antiseptic and dabs some on my raw knuckles with a cotton ball. I cringe in pain. "I know. I'm almost done," he blows on my skin.

He finishes and picks me back up, taking me back downstairs. He kisses me and sits me in Cameron's lap whose arms immediately come around me, "How are you?"

"I'm fine," I look around, "Where's Ronnie? Is she okay?"

"She's fine sweetie. She just went upstairs to take a shower and change clothes," he kisses me on the cheek.

I lay my head on his shoulder and listen to them talk around me. Dylan comes downstairs and plucks me out of Cameron's lap and sits down on the couch snuggling me in his lap. I feel his lips on top of my head, "I love you Peach. Thanks for protecting my sister and yourself."

"Glad I could help," I whisper.

Ronnie comes downstairs and sits beside Dylan and me on the couch. Her bruise doesn't look too bad and I really hope that it doesn't get any worse. Everyone agrees that she shouldn't go home for a couple of days. She makes arrangements for the nanny to take care of Amy until she goes back.