Chapter Thirty Eight - The Camping Life

The Camping Life? Usually when people think about camping, the words; Outdoors, Active, Fun and Happy are usually the first to come to mind. And sure, camps can bring happiness and be very enjoyable, but that all depends on who you are camping with. And thanks to the person I was camping with, the words; Depressing, horrible, and smelly, will always be the first things I think about if I ever think about camping.

Go on and find out why!

-Eva xox.

_________________________________________________

I smiled to myself sinisterly as I gave the bell another shake. "Mitchell Richardson, I need another glass of apple juice!"

I quickly fluffed my pillow and made myself comfortable before he entered the room, to retrieve my empty glass.

"How many times am I going to have to refill this?" He frowned, picking up the cup.

"How many times are you going to fill it up?" I repeated, getting ready to guilt trip him into doing more things for me. "How about how many times I have to close my eyes until those horrible flashbacks disappear? Mitch, you know I haven't slept properly for days-"

"I hear your snoring every night," he interjected.

"Sounds can be very deceiving," I said. "I was actually crying, Mitch. Every night I wake up and I remember those horrible memories. The handcuffs, the screaming, the barking dogs!"

"Barking dogs?" He gasped. "I didn't know there were any dogs."

Well, I guess a few lies were necessary to help me get what I wanted. And right now I wanted another glass of apple juice and I can't have Mitch doubting me.

"Don't tell mum and dad, but there were three."

"Three dogs?"

"Mhmm," I nodded. "And one of them even bit me!"

"Where?" He gasped again.

"On my hand," I lied, slowly hiding my hand behind my back.

"Is it really bad? Show me," he said, trying to grab my hand.

"Wait no! It bit my bum!" I quickly exclaimed.

"Okay, should I call mum or something?" He asked, taking a step back, obviously a little grossed out.

"No, no. Don't do that."

"But you could be infected by something. What if it had rabies?"

"Mitch, I have been through so much already. Promise me that you won't tell mum and dad."

He stared down at his shoes, thinking it over for a few seconds.

"Fine," he sighed, heading out of my room. "But you owe me!"

As soon he had left I did a little happy dance and grabbed my phone. I got out of the candy crush app that I had been playing on previously and went on to check my messages.

I had received a few from my friends telling me how lucky I was to be having a few days off, and two from Evan and Kat, who both wanted to know if I was 'Okay'. But the last one immediately caught my eye as it was in all caps:

EVA, HURRY UP! I'VE BEEN TALKING TO THIS COUNSELLOR FOR OVER THREE MINUTES, AND IM ALREADY THINKING SUICIDAL THOUGHTS! COME ON, YOU CAN'T SKIP OUR APPOINTMENT!

-MATT

Oh no! I had completely forgotten about the appointment with the councillor that had started around five minutes ago. I usually wouldn't care about something like this as much, but it was compulsory and if I didn't attend any, then there would be no excuse for me to stay home anymore.