Chapter Twenty Eight - The Lost Life

Hmm, the lost life. A lot can happen on a seemingly perfect trip. And getting lost can be one of those things.

Here's a bit of what I mean;

"So what are you trying to say Matt?" I asked, but I think I knew what he meant.

"I think we're lost."

"Lost?" I repeated. Yep, I knew.

"Lost."

Enjoy reading some more of my misfortunes!

________________________________

"Get your stupid fingers off my face!" I yelled, peeling off Kat's sweaty fingers from my face. "You dumb-ass what's so special about-"

"Surprise!" He cut off, gesturing to a girl behind him that I quickly recognised as Amelia. She was a fairly chilled girl who was often friendly, but also had a nasty side. She was always hanging around with Lydia, her being her best friend and all. She gave me a little smile, that I returned.

"Hey Amelia, what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to sound as non-nosy as possible.

"Well, Kat wanted to show me something special," she answered, giving Kat a weird smile.

"Ohh Kay," I said dragging out the 'O'. "Why have you brought us to the oval?"

He drew a long breath in and sent Amelia the same weird smile. "I wanted you to meet my girlfriend, Amelia!" He announced, grinning from ear to ear.

"Huh?" I automatically grunted.

"Me and Amelia are going out, and I wanted you to be one of the first to know," he reached for Amelia's hand and held it in his. "Aren't we just adorable?" He teased.

"I'm not trying to be a party pooper or anything, but didn't you just recently break up with Christie?"

He rolled his eyes at me and mumbled, "Yeah, so what? I'm over it."

"Okay, just checking," I defended, looking around at the grass awkwardly. "So now what?"

"Now, you congratulate us and help spread the word," piped in Amelia, "and don't forget to rub it in Christie's face." Yep, there's her nasty side.

"Um, okay?" I answered, a little unsure if I actually would help them tell everyone.

"Thanks, I knew I could count on you," thanked Kat, sending me a smile before landing a kiss on Amelia's cheek.

"Ew! No kissing infront of me!" I scolded, running back to the gym.

**************************

Once I had returned the first thing that had caught my eye made me laugh non stop for longer than necessary. There in the middle of the gym lying in a puddle of water was a sprawled Matt. His crutches where out of his reach and he was struggling to get up. Surrounding him were a huge group of people laughing and cackling away. Even Tyler was there, laughing his face off.

I slowly wondered through the crowd that had formed around him and only then I could get a better view of what was really going on. Fred, who had in no doubt began the bullying, was shouting harsh words at Matt and urging Tyler to do so as well. And the idiot gave in to peer pressure.

After having seen enough, I decided that I wouldn't be a bystander. As much as Matt had deserved this humiliation after years of him doing the same to me, it just wasn't right.

I know, I know, I'm such a great person.

"Oi, you guys, cut it out!" I ordered, pushing past a few people, to get to Matt.