Chapter Fourteen- The Advising Life

If I've learnt something about myself through my fifteen years of existence- it's that I suck at giving advice and that I probably shouldn't be trusted.

Here's why;

"So you're saying someone just left a kitten at your doorstep?" Questioned May in disbelief.

I nodded, "and they texted me saying 'hope you like it' and called me...wait for it- Sweetheart!" I announced and we all shuddered.

"You've got yourself a stalker Eva." Pointed out Skye making me feel uneasy, "What if he's an old creeper like Mr Kenam? Or a rapist? Or better yet a murderer!"

"Thanks Skye! Way to make me feel better!" I cringed looking over at the kitten. It's was

white and had orange, brown and black patches and the most gorgeous green eyes.

"What should I call it?" I asked continuing to observe my new pal. Hopefully this cat will help stop me dying of boredom while I finish my two week grounding.

"What about Patches?" Suggested May.

"No! Call it Ted!" Ordered Jazz.

We all exchanged looks and shook our heads in a judging manner.

"There is no way I'm naming this adorable kitten after my stupid cousin-"

"Hey! That stupid cousin is my boyfriend," sighed Jazz dreamily.

Ever since Jazz and Ted had been together she had been in a much happier mood- which don't get me wrong is a good thing. But she always compared people and objects to him.

Just the other day she was asking me if a brick wall covered in graffiti would look and I quote 'Cuter if Ted was standing infront of it.' It took every ounce of willpower to stop myself from vomiting.

"Think of the bright side, this little cutie can keep you company while we're not here." Cheered May. Yep always looking for a silver lining.

"Yeah, but one problem."

"What?" They asked in unison.

"My mum is allergic to cats-" I was suddenly cut off by Jazz's giggles.

"What's so funny?" Skye asked peering over at Jazz's phone.

"Stop!" Jazz shouted, attempting to sound scary, but she began to giggle.

"I wanna see!" Yelled May as she snatched the phone from Jazz's hands, "MY EYES! MY EYES! MY POOR INNOCENT EYES!" Shrieked May as she let the phone drop onto my carpeted floor.

"Let me see," I quickly grabbed the phone, while Skye was tackling Jazz and May closed her eyes trying to deleted the image from memory.

"What the heck?" I managed to choke out.

It was a picture of Ted making a love heart with his hands. "Jazz, really?" I said handing

her the phone.

"What? It's cute." She said as she kissed the screen of her phone.

"Eww!" The rest of us screamed in unison.

********************

I was now sat in my bed with my trusty iPad playing a well deserved game of Hay Day.

It had been a pretty long day and my friends had left an hour ago. I looked over at the open box under my desk. Patches was fast asleep inside. I really do hope my mum lets me keep him, but for now, he's my little secret.

##RIINGG##

The ringing of my phone startled me, I was just feeding my cows.

I looked over at my bedside table and found my phone.