Chapter Six- The Helpful Life

Sometimes being too helpful can be a really really bad thing. So bad that I've promised myself to never be too helpful to people who don't deserve my help.

Off you go read why, you know the drill.

___________________________________________________________

I looked back at the pathetic boy covered in slime. Hah he was shivering.

'Ugh, why do I have to be so nice?' I thought to myself as I trudged off to Matt.

"Here," I said sternly as I handed him a towel I had previously picked up, he quickly snatched it from my hands, "somebody forgot his manners."

"You are the meanest person in the whole world!" He screamed in my face. He almost turned as purple as Mr Stratford.

"If I was the meanest person in the world I wouldn't of bothered help-"

"You call standing there awkwardly helping?!" He yelled, cutting me off.

"Um no, I call giving you a towel helping!" I spat back. Seriously who does he think he is?

"Just get lost, Beaver," he said looking at his feet, "You've taken it too far."

"Last time I ever be nice to you!" I shouted as I walked back to the car.

***************************************************************************

"But I want to play twister!" Argued Ash as she lay the twister mat on the lounge floor.

"No! Chess!" Screamed Ted, as he set the board down.

"Twister!"

"Chess!"

"Twister!"

"Che-"

"Shut up!" I yelled, this constant bickering had gone on long enough. Mum and Dad had left me and Mitchell to baby sit our annoying cousins. And Mitchell had left me in charge because he had snuck out to head to a party! Ugh this sucks!

They were twins and both only two years younger than me, but since they were so spoilt they acted like little children.

I looked over at Kat for some help, he just looked back at his phone. I will smash that phone one day.

"But you said we could play a game." Said Ted as he tried to give me puppy dog eyes. It never worked on me.

"Yeah, well now I'm saying its TV time." I tried reasoning with them.

"Mum says TV rots you're brain." Commented Ash.

"Is your mum here?" I questioned.

"No." They both answered.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed as I switched on the TV.

"Well, I'm going to tell mummy." Pouted Ted. I turned to him and gave him a look that meant, 'do you want to die a horrible and painful death?'

I heard Kat chuckle, I whipped my head around and gave him a death glare.

"What?" He said, in a irritated tone.

"Excuse me? This is my house. You can't just say, 'what?'"

"Whatever."

"You can't say whatever either." Has everyone forgotten their manners today or what?

"Don't snap at me just because your stuck with them." He said, his eyes still glued to his phone. Note to self, smash that stupid phone.

"Actually you know what, get your bum off MY couch. And start helping me." He can't expect me to put up this this lot on my own! I'm not the super nanny! Imagine how annoying it'd be to actually have to look after these twins. They always fight over the stupidest of things, games are on the top of the stupid things to fight over list.

He looked me dead in the eyes and said, "No."

Think happy thoughts, Eva. Rainbows and unicorns and fluffy bunnies. This idiot is pushing me to the limit.

"I'll tell you only one more time, help..me." I said through gritted teeth.

"And I'll say it a million times if I have to, No."

Someone start digging his grave already because he is going to need it. I looked at the remote that was still in my hand. A sinister smile spread across my face as I threw it in his direction.

It hit him right on the forehead.

"Yes!" I beamed as I began to laugh uncontrollably. His eyes locked with mine and I could tell he was about to explode. Oops!

I ran upstairs and slammed my door shut. I quickly locked it just as he had begun to bang on it.

"Open up! You are so going to get it!" He threatened.

"It's okay, I'll stay in here for as long as I'll have to."

"Fine, have it you're way. But me and the twins are going to trash this place and blame it on you."

That...that...devil!

"You can't do that! Mum won't even believe you!"

"You know she will!" He called as he headed downstairs.

Is everyone out to get me now or what?

I rushed over to my phone and called my mum.

"Hel-"

"Hi, I'm not here at the moment. So leave a message." Ugh. Voicemail.

Next I called my dad.

"Dad, you th-"

"Hello?"

"Oh great-"

"Hello?"

"Dad! It's me-"

"Nah, just kidding. I'm not here. So please leave a message." Just great, I've fallen for it again!

I quickly dialled Mitchell's number. I can't believe I'm resorting to this.

"Mitch?"

"Yeah! Who's this!" He shouted, over some loud music.

"Eva!"

*BEEP* *BEEP*

He hang up?! I will end him!

I let out a sigh. I guess it's time to admit defeat. I unlocked my door and headed to the lounge room. I looked around but it was empty. What the?

"Guys?" I yelled, to no one in particular. I walked into the kitchen and heard some shuffling feet.

I immediately froze.

"ATTACK!" Yelled Kat, from the other side of the kitchen table.

"Wh-"

I was attacked my food coming from all sorts of directions.

"Stop!" I yelled but they all took turned in taking food from the fridge and throwing. I hate to say it but they all had a pretty good aim. I'm the target.

I darted to the freezer and got a tub of ice cream.

"You wouldn't dare!" Screamed Kat with eyes wide and jaw dropped.

"I do dare." I dunked my hand into the freezing co-

"EVANGELINE! STOP THIS INSTANT!" Yelled my mother.

I am so going to get it.

___________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

Oh no! How is Eva going to get out of this one?

Comment your answer and don't forget to vote!

New update coming soon, so keep your eyes pealed. 😉

-Edith AKA Ed ⭐