Chapter Thirteen-The Mothers, cats and tears life

Wow, there. Mothers, cats and tears. What an odd combination! But that's the only way to describe how things went today.

"Matt?" I say, looking at the familiar face infront of me with a bandaged head.

"Wow Beaver the last time I saw you cry it was in year seven when Kat..."

"I'm not crying," I defend myself, interrupting him. Lets not even go to that incident in year seven.

Wait am I crying? Yup, there's definitely some tears, I think placing my fingers on the wet surface under my eyes.

"Oh sweetie," cooed Vanessa, Matt's mother as she came out of the car.

Wait could she my tears from way over there?

"Don't worry, I'll explain to your parents." She said giving me a sympathetic pat on the back.

Explain what?

Giving Matt a questioning look he smirks and walks pass me whispering "I'm here to save the day." Wow superhero Matt is hear to help. Yeah right we'll see.

When the bad guys are out.

All you gotta do is shout

Now who's gonna hero up

Who's gonna save the day.

Oh yeah

It's the Matt west killer enemy

Ahaaaa. What has gotten into me. That was the super hero squad show song getting into my brain. I remember watching it with Mitch when we were much younger. When we used to get along together. Maybe I'm just upset and tired and all sorts of weird thoughts are getting into my head.

I walk to the kitchen table where my parents are sitting, or more like standing up and shaking Vanessa's hands. She sits down and I gulp as she calls my name.

I get to the kitchen table and pull out a seat when mum gestures for me to do the same for Matt. Come on I'm not the wonderful etiquette table girl to pull out a seat for a guests. Wait no this isn't a guest it's Matt West, my dear nemesis from school.

Whatever, I think pulling out a seat for him after I have spaced out for a moment. Awkward, pull your self together Eva, everyone's watching you.

Having everyone looking at me, made me feel a little nervous especially when i wasn't sure what Vanessa was going to explain. After all Matt could be lying and his mother was coming for something worse. Eg, blaming me for the big bandage rapped around her sons head. but then again his mother looks more like the nice type, not an evil, teasing, prankster boy like her son. Besides she was shooting me reassuring smiles.

"Well Sherrin, I'm here to explain what actually happened with the the whole hospital incident. I don't think Eva has had the chance to explain to you what has happened due to stress, but I will for her." she started off with. Everyone nodded and Mitch came in to ears drop. "Well you see on Sunday morning Matt came here to work on his project with Eva.When he reached to grab something off the table, his head banged hard on the side of the table and went unconscious."

I'd have to give her the heads up for that one. She was really convincing. "So Eva panicked and used Matt"s phone to call me, but I was in Adelaide and Roger was on a business trip so she called Tyler instead. Tyler panicked and assumed Eva had banged Matt on the head, him being stressed and somehow one of the nurses must have told the police that Eva banged Matt with a bat." she ended her explanation.

Mum and dad sat there with their mouths open trying to take in what they had just heard.

Wow, this is sounding reasonable, like it actually happened. I wonder if Vanessa actually believes this or shes just trying to help me out here.