Chapter Sixteen- The Troublesome Life

Trouble is my middle name- well it's Christopher but you get what I mean..I think. Anywhoooooo read on to find out why today was the most troublesome day of my life.

_____________________________________________

"Well, dear?" Asked Margery curiously, "what is it?" She had a big cheery smile on her face, but in just a few seconds I knew it'd be replaced with a sad and disappointed one.

"Uh, I'm here- I mean were here, t-to tell you-"

"Hurry up!" Whispered Kat loud enough for me and Christie to hear.

"Babies!" I blurted out. I don't know why I did it.

"What?" Everyone asked looking at me as if I was on something.

"I'm not good under pressure." Was my only answer.

"If there is anything you need to tell me Eva, go on. I need to start dinner soon." Urged Margery, and her husband nodded in agreement.

I looked at both Kat and Christie. Why had I agreed to do this for them? I mean, I hate Kat! He's been nothing but a pain in the backside for as long as I could remember. And Christie is only just talking to me because she needs something from me, ugh. Why do I have to be such a kind hearted good person?

"Look, there's no easy way of saying this, so I'm just going to say it. Okay?" I said bluntly with the most serious voice I could muster.

"What's going on?" Asked Margery, realising what is was going to tell her wasn't going to be good news.

"Christie is pregnant," I said pausing to give them time to let it sink in, "and Kat is the father." I don't know why but It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Is this some sort of sick joke?" Spoke up Kat's father, "Because if it is Eva, it's not funny, far from it actually! Margery and I know, he's no angel compared to you- but that doesn't mean he'd be so immature and stupid to impregnate Christy here! Where is your decency Eva?!"

I looked him dead in the eyes, I don't know what possessed me to say and do what I did next, "Excuse me? Why do think I'd make something like this up?! Do you think I wanted to come here and be the one to tell you?! No! I didn't want to! It's none of my business! But obviously, your son here, doesn't trust you enough to tell you something as important as having a child on the way!" I eyed him up and down, "And don't you dare compare-" I paused for a split second to laugh at the fact that 'dare' and 'compare' rhymed- "me of all people to someone as stupid and irresponsible as Kat!" I headed over to him and stomped on his foot and headed to the front door, slamming it on my way out.

On my way back home, all I could think about was how I had just stomped on Kat's fathers foot. Go me! Woohoo!

A smiled spread on my face the whole way back, but when I returned home to see my mother and father standing with their hands crossed and frown lines making an appearance- my smile was long gone.

"Uhm, fancy seeing you here?" I said but it came out as a question.

"We live here." Stated my dad bluntly moving out of the door way so I could enter.

"Lounge room, now!" Yelled my mum as I tried to dash upstairs.

"Ugh," I grunted as I trudged off to the lounge room and I noticed Mitch was there too, "what now?"

"Your father and I received a phone call from some very angry parents and it brought up a concern for me and your father." Stated mum in her 'I'm the boss, listen to me, I'm always right' voice.

"Which is?" Questioned Mitch, I sat down next to him, earning me a dirty glare, he shuffled over.

Fine be that way!