Chapter Twenty Two - The Dancing Beach Chair Life

Chair, Beach, Dancing and a whole heap of embarrassment. That pretty much sums up my life right now, read on to find out why.

________________________________________

The salty smell of the sand hit my nose as I dropped my bags and ran to the water. I could hear Jazz and May running behind me giggling and Skye complaining about getting her hair wet. Oh, typical Skye.

I let out a shrill cry as I came in contact with the freezing cold water.

We were at the beach party having fun, being our crazy selves. Mitch isn't very smart, but this idea was the best idea he's ever had. There were once again some kids here I've never met in my life, and some that I wished I didn't know. In other words Matt, Tyler and Emm had tagged along. But thank goodness Kat couldn't make another appearance since he was with Christy at her place since she didn't feel like partying, especially because she couldn't have that much fun, her being pregnant and all.

"Just get in Skye!" Called May, as she rushed out of the water attempting to drag Skye in.

"Ah, fine!" Skye screamed, running towards the water. I quickly blocked my ears, to cover up the sound of her screams. She can really hit a high note.

After a couple more minutes of probably catching pneumonia in the freezing water we headed back to the sand to have a good old sand castle competition. I hurried to a spot further away from my group of friends, who had stupidly started building next to the shore.

I shoved a whole heap of sand to one area and created a massive mound of sand, which would soon become a beautiful castle.

I looked over at Skye's, hers was already beginning to fall apart as the tide was beginning to come in, same with May's. Jazz had built hers further away from shore too, so no damage was done.

After a couple more minutes of building up my sandcastle, I wondered off in search of the perfect shell. My eyes scanned the white sands as I trudged off to nowhere in particular. I think a few more minutes flew by until my eyes caught onto something breathtakingly beautiful.

"Wow," I breathed as I got closer and closer to the pretty shell. I bent down to pick it up slowly, and next thing I knew I was being hurled forward, face first into the sand.

I quickly sat up, spitting salty sand out of my mouth. Soon my eyes landed on the culprit.

"MATT BLOODY WEST!" I screamed, standing up.

"You should of seen your face!" He chuckled, clutching onto his stomach. Why does he find this funny? He just kicked me on the bum sending me flying through the air, making me land in the sand! What part of any of that is funny to him?

"I swear, I'm going to skin you alive and feed it to the sharks!" I cursed, charging at him.

I chased him around the beach for what seemed like a huge waste of ten minutes. I let out a frustrated sigh as I came to a halt and decided to head back to my sandcastle. The others are probably done by now, that or their sandcastles have been swept away.

I couldn't help but laugh, when I returned. Everything was a mess. May was cursing at the waves for stealing her sandcastle, Skye was smashing her own sandcastle saying she'd rather destroy it herself than let the waves destroy it. And then there was Jazz. She was sat in the sand, her face in her hands, crying. Her sandcastle, along with mine, had also been swept away. Ted had rushed over to try and comfort her but she'd occasionally send him daggers and threatened to kill him in his sleep, and that was enough to shut him up. He just sat beside her attempting to wrap an arm around her.

I flopped down next to her, giving cheering her up a go.

"Jazz? You alright?" I asked.

"No, those stupid waves ruined my castle and now this idiot is making me feel worse!" Complained Jazz, wiping a few tears.