Chapter 9 -Eviction

Frankie

After class today, Dylan tells me that we are going to the house and drop off our backpacks before we go shopping. We walk in the house and there is a gorgeous woman with long, straight black hair and the same blue eyes as Dylan. After he gives her a hug, he turns to me, "Frankie, this is Ronnie, my sister."

She walks over to me stopping in front of me, "Nice to meet you." She offers me her hand.

"Nice to meet you also," I take the pro-offered hand and shake it. She pulls me towards her in a hug.

"Don't be so formal. My brother called me to help you all shop for your clothes today."

I scrunch my eyebrows, "At the Thrift store?"

She laughs and turns to Dylan, "I like her, she's a keeper," she turns back to me, "Frankie, we will be shopping at the mall today."

I shake my head, "No. I can't afford the mall."

Dylan steps in, "You don't have to afford the mall. We can afford the mall for you."

I'm still shaking my head, "I can buy my own clothes. We just need to go to the thrift store. I can get enough outfits for a week and I'll be fine."

Cameron and Rand walk in the front door, they see Ronnie and smile and then look in my direction at my stricken face.

"What's going on?" Cameron demands.

"She won't let us take her to the mall and buy her new clothes," Dylan tattles.

"Tattle-tale." Ronnie calls him which gets a small smile out of me.

Rand turns to me, taking my hands and looking into my eyes, "Sunshine, we talked about this earlier we are here to give you anything you need. We know that you can't afford new clothes, but you need something until you are able to get your things from your room. Let us do this for you. We promise that we won't spend a lot of money. We just want to get you a few things to get you through the week, okay?"

"Okay, but I'm going to pay you back." I inform them.

"We know you will." He pulls me into a hug, kissing me on the top of my head.

"Now that we've got that resolved, let's go!" Ronnie says grabbing my hand.

Cameron pulls me away from her, giving me a hug and kissing me on the top of the head also, "Have fun sweetie, we'll see you later."

"You guys have got it bad. Let's go." Ronnie grabs my hand again and pulls me out to the car. What does she mean by that?

I go to climb in the backseat and Ronnie pushes me to the front. "Sit up front, take in the sights." She smirks as she climbs in the back seat. I get in the front and look at Dylan while I put my seatbelt on.

He smiles as he turns towards me, "Ready to shop?"

What they called shopping was a severe understatement. By the time we leave the mall, I have a whole new wardrobe. Ronnie made sure that I had everything I needed and more. I'm still stunned at the amount of stuff that they forced on me. It'll take me forever to pay them back. I don't even know what to say.

Cameron and Rand notice the panicked look on my face when they meet us for dinner. "Sunshine, calm down. We really want to do this. Just let us do this for you," Rand pleads.

"I'll never be able to pay you back," I almost wail.

"You're in school to be an engineer. You'll be able to pay us back eventually," Dylan jokes.