41: Abandoned

Kazuma leaves the shrine and sees Reina " .... Reina?"

Reina: so you do still remember me.

Kazuma: just as I was the longest beside veena, you guys were also the longest beside yomi.

Reina: not the longest. The earliest. We left her. Because... Yomi was no longer the yomi we knew.

Kazuma: then you should have tried to change her right?

Reina: yomi should do whatever makes her happy.

Kazuma: after so many years, you still haven't got rid of that emo look.

Reina blushes " arigato. If that's a compliment." Kazuma  blushes realising what he just meant "... I guess so."

Reina: I was waiting for you all day outside.

Kazuma: eh?!! Why didn't you knock on the door and ask for permission to enter?

Reina: when you're inside... you're busy. Didn't want to disturb you. When you're inside, veena, I mean... bishamonten probably needs you.

Kazuma: I think veena doesn't mind you calling her veena. You guys and yomi do go all the way back. Even before I became her shinki.

Reina: that's fukoku and bishamonten. I'm not... exactly acknowledged to that status yet.

Kazuma: you're too strict on yourself.

Reina: gomen. Habit. You've changed. Spectacles. Suit. Blessed vessel.

Kazuma: you've changed too. Hoodie.

Reina: just changed from a cape. The hood thing stays. You could say I haven't improved at all.  It's all because I left yomi.

Kazuma: I see. Did you...

Reina: ... become a Nora?

Kazuma: gomen. I don't really mean it that way.

Reina: I don't blame you. We left her. Like abandoned her. None of us did. None of us could. We love Yomi.

Kazuma: um. Can see that.

Reina: just like you love veena. Deh? Have you confessed?

Kazuma blushes hard " eh?!! What are you talking about?!! She's my Master!!"

Reina: she'll never know. If you don't say.

Kazuma: it's not like that!! Veena is...

Reina: gomen. Causing disturbance to you in this topic. Actually... I don't really have a goal in looking for you. Just... *blush* wanted to see you after so many years.

Kazuma: I see. Ah. That means you guys know where yomi is?

Reina: hai. Kyoya... kawaii ka?

Kazuma: hai. Kawaii desu. She's a grown adult now.

Reina: I see. I guess her height follows after yato.

Kazuma: tell yomi that she's doing fine.

Reina: hai.

" I have a picture." Kazuma takes out his phone. Reina uses her fingers to stroke the screen " she's pretty. Unlike Yomi, kawaii. She must have taken under yato. How's yato?"

Kazuma: ... you guys know about yato too?

Reina: we sometimes receive her memories... cos we have her human spirit parts. Except for meiko after she took in miyuki due to yomi's decision.

Kazuma: I see. Now I think about it, meiko was part of you guys right?

Reina: hai. No worries, meiko now also has yomi's human spirit part. We're all the same now. Except... hiyori.