9: I Release You

yato: what is going on? Yomi.

yomi: I will tell you everything. By himitsugami's name... yomi... I open my memories. The truth. Everything about Yato. Fu.

A seal opens up the floor and images open up...

yomi: I will leave... to let you guys digest this for a while...

miyuki: come on.

" arigato." yomi climbs up miyuki's back and they leave the room...

_____________________________________

There I was standing in the pile of corpses with his bloody blade as a kid. And there stood yomi.

yomi: hihi .

yato: what do you want?

yomi: those eyes... just killing... neh? Do you have any wish ? I will grant it for you.

yato: who are you?

yomi: fixer. I grant's people's dark desires.

yato: I have no money.

yomi: I will help you. For free.

yato: what do you mean?

yomi: puppet. You and I are the same. Almost. You do it because your old man told you to. Neh, don't you have any of what you want to do?

yato: puppet... how are you a puppet?

yomi : because like you, I don't have that much of a reason to live. Other then helping others to get what they want. I don't know what I want. I only know what other people want. Like I know, you don't know what you want... like me.

yato : I see...

yomi: neh neh. How about becoming my bodyguard? Maybe we can get an answer together.

yato: ok... but my old man...

yomi : ok. Request accepted.

yato : eh?

yomi : I will get you out of old man's hands. As long as I am alive.

.

.

.

I died. It was after a few years she found me and we were together again...

yomi : I am so happy!! Yaboku became a god too.

yato: I am happy to see you!! *hugs*

hiiri: this must be yomi.

Yomi looks at hiiri with hostility. I didn't understand at all then. Then she looked at me with a gentle smile " don't worry. I will get you out of old man's hand."

yato: what do you mean?

yomi: don't worry about it!! Yomi will protect yaboku!! Yomi yaksoku. (promise)

We had shrines... she made one for me and helped me to increase believers. But it was not long after...

ale... tears... that's right... this feeling... I felt sad for a very long time... like something was missing. Something warm... It kind of slowly disappeared ...this feeling... right... she disappeared....

Rai came in " oh. A show. It's rare she does this. She doesn't even show me anything you know."

hiyori: Yomi is a secretive person huh.

rai: she was always a god. Right from when you first met her.

yato: ...what...?!!

rai: the whole thing about her past wasn't exactly a lie. It was all truth, just not the point of time when she met you. Her being experimented was just a lie to cover her identity as a god.

Yukine: telling us all these, aren't you afraid of being judged as betrayal?

rai: she won't release me or kill me. I made her promise me. Himitsugamis cannot break promises. They will suffer if they do.

Hiyori: so... yomi is a nice person?

Rai: don't ever misunderstand that. Yomi kills. And you yato, now you understand yomi?

Yato clenches his fist " I don't need you to teach me what to do."

__________________________________

yato comes in and sits beside her. She was lying down on the floor facing her back to yato " what? Did you bring ice cream? It's so hot..."

yato anime veins " I'm trying to be serious here!!" She turns around and looks at him " ice cream." while hugging her rabbit plushie.

yato: none. You still keeping that?

She nods " it was something yato bought for me. Your first present to me."

yato: you still are hiding somethings from me isn't it?

yomi: himitsugami. god of secrets. Yomi. The title itself and my true name... both means darkness. You don't have to get involved.

yato: you asked me to become you bodyguard isn't it?!!

yomi: ja, yaboku. I release you.

yato: don't joke with me. I am not your shinki. You cannot decide what I want to do.

Yato pov:

yomi sits up properly and looks straight into my eyes. So cold and firm. " hiyori is the one human who believes you in firmly. I don't know what you think of her, but I know... you want her to be happy. What do you wish for me? Yato."

What do I wish for her...

yomi: I wish for yato to always be happy. I love yato that's why. I want yato to be able to do whatever he wants. If you get involved, you will be like me. Entangled in darkness. Never able to walk out. Yomi toteni... yato wa... hikari ( to yomi.... yato is..light)

hikari ... I never thought I would be something like that to someone... Because I... also am someone who is looking for my way.

yato: hikari...? You always seem to know what to do.

She smiles and hugs me with her smaller body " see. You forget. I only know what others want. I told you that before."

yato: you love me right? So why do you ou keep distancing yourself from me.

She cups my cheek gently with her short fingers that can't seem to hold my entire cheek as tears flows down her eyes " because... yato's eyes... is different from me. They are kind." I reach my fingers out to reach her tears... she retreats back." yomi?"

"I release you yaboku as my bodyguard. Protect the hiyori you want to make happy. Get her out of here. Never return." she hugs her rabbit " I will keep this.No, protect this." and she stands and leaves the room.

What is this feeling... like I am going to lose something important again...