13: Yurashi's Death

Hiyori pov:

I open the door to my house and called out to my parents " mama!! Papa!!" There was no response. They probably haven't came back. I wonder what's with the request yomi was given...

I walk into the kitchen and opened the fridge to take something to drink " neh. What request do you think yomi was given?"

yukine: exactly jersey. You should know since you're her lover right.

" aahh~~~" he drinks the beer " I don't know. Yomi doesn't tell me about her requests. She just oftens give me requests to do."

yukine: oh...

I walk up the stairs and see one of the room doors open. I somehow... have a very bad feeling... I slowly approached the room and enters it...

 " AAAAHHHHH!!!! " they were all dead... my parents.... their blood splattered all over the floor... My legs collapsed... preventing me inside here... yomi...

I ran down the stairs as yato and yukine stand at the entrance of the door. They block my way, so I push them away and made my way through. " hiyori!!!" yato called out and grabbed onto my arm.

Yato pov:

I looked into her eyes. They were empty. Lost. " let me go!!! Yomi... yomi!!! Did this!!! "

yato: what?!!

hiyori: they are all dead!! My parents are all dead!! Yomi must have done it!!

What... It can't be true.... no I can't be certain... that's why I let go of my grip and hiyori runs downstairs.  Yukine opens the door and sees the two bodies on the floor and gasps ".... yato..."

" why... WHY DID YOU KILL THEM?!!!" hiyori screams. Yukine and I rushed down to the first floor to see yomi leaning her back against the wall looking at hiyori with those eyes. Those eyes... again... when she doesn't want to say anything... those eyes...

Hiyori was screaming and crying " I know you want me!! BUT  YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KILL THEM!! I WOULD HAVE JUST GIVEN MYSELF TO YOU!!!"

Just then yomi coughs and she covers her mouth with her hand. I could tell, she was coughing blood. It was dripping through. Miyuki stands in front of yomi " you don't understand anything!!!" Miyuki takes a deep breath and then slowly walks towards hiyori " gomen..."

hiyori: don't come near me!!

" hiyori!!" yukine wanted to go forward and help her. I raised my arm and stopped yukine. Yukine looked to me " why?!!"

yato:.... yomi... yomi must have her reasons.

Hiyori : don't come near me!!

miyuki: ok... ok. I won't Just stop crying. Stop hating ok.

hiyori: what are you talking about?!!

I see... that is what is happening... I run down the stairs...

Hiyori pov:

Warm... a hug. Yato's arms around me...  I start to feel calmer... that it's ok... I clench onto his jacket and cries harder " AAAHHHHH!!!! " His fingers stroke my hair " daijobu da." 

um... I think I can trust yato. Trust this voice...

My cryings start to become softer...

___________________________________

Yomi climbs up the stairs... where is she going...? I release from the embrace I was in. I must stop whatever she wants to do to my parents!! I ran up the stairs ... no... she is reaching my parents' room. My hands reaches... I can reach her...

Suddenly she turns around and looks at me with those eyes... what... I can't move. No... I don't want to move. It's like saying something... It's not evil... or bad... She starts moving up the stairs again... and she reaches into the room.

Wait... what?!! I let her go!!

I run up the stairs once again... " Don't touch them!!!"

yato: yomi did not kill your parents.

I turn around and look to him " what are you talking... about?!!!" Is he about to betray me? Is this warmth going to betray me?

yato: look at her. She is in as much pain as you. No, more pain.

That back... those eyes... don't tell me... she feels sad for them? Then that request she wanted me to make... it was to protect me?

Is it true...? I walk into the room and walk closer to her back... do I want to know the truth? 

yukine: hiyori...

I clench my fist and take up courage. I walked to her front...

My tears flow uncontrollably ...

She was cleaning my mother's wounds with a wet towel...

She suddenly spoke " your mother loved you a lot. You weren't supposed to happen. She begged for you. She had nothing to make a request yet she wanted you. So I granted it. I probably wanted something like a descendant too. I was curious to know what it would feel like. I used a part of her spirit and made you. But as a mother... I think nothing is ever enough for your child." She looks up to me " am I right?"

hiyori: hai... I think so too.

She stood up and looked to me with eyes that some sort of wish " live." she turns her back at me " it is not a good thing to be a shinki. Live. It is my order to you. " she leaves the room " miyuki. You know what to do."

miyuki: hai. Bring yurashi's body back and keep it in the dark room. Return her husband to their family. Clean the house.

" yato. I am a little tired. I'm going to return first." and she disappears.

miyuki: deh. Yukine, are you going to help me to clean this blood mess?

yukine: erm... hai.

hiyori: I will help out too.

yato: I... will go and find yomi.

____________________________________

We had already started cleaning...

miyuki: don't worry. Because you are under a contract with yomi. That means you are a part of us, you will continue to have school. Yomi will pay it for you. You can continue to stay here if you like. Daily monetary usage will be given if you choose to stay here.

hiyori: arigato.

yukine: that yomi isn't that bad after all

hiyori:.... the request... the one she had taken for not letting me in. What is it?

miyuki squeezes the wet cloth " it is not a request. It is a promise."

hiyori: promise? What kind?

miyuki: to your mother, yurashi. Again, that yurashi didn't have anything to give in return. She seriously bullies our yomi.

yukine: if a promise is broken... she will suffer. So that means... she broke her promise to your mother to let you in. Is that right?

miyuki: something like that.